GAO Report Determines That D.C. Has Up to $1.1B Imbalance Yearly
- Financial Audit Manual (Exposure Draft): GAO-01-281G. // GAO Reports;12/1/2000, p1
This financial audit manual describes the methodology used by GAO and the President's Council on Integrity and Efficiency to perform financial statement audits of federal entities.
- Management Letter: GAO-08-468R. // GAO Reports;3/4/2008, p1
On September 28, 2007, GAO issued a report detailing our findings of improper and abusive premium class travel governmentwide. The audit was performed at the request of the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, U.S. Senate, and...
- Somalia: GAO-08-351. // GAO Reports;3/4/2008, p1
Somalia has lacked a functioning central government since 1991. In December 2006, the Ethiopian military intervened in Somalia to support Somalia's transitional government, opening what many considered a window of opportunity to rebuild the country and restore effective governance. The United...
- Fiscal Year 2000 Budget: DOD's Procurement and RDT&E Programs: NSIAD-99-233R. // GAO Reports;9/23/1999, p1
GAO examined the Department of Defense's fiscal year (FY) 2000 budget request and prior years' appropriations for selected weapon system procurement and research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) programs. GAO noted that: (1) opportunities to reduce the aggregate FY 2000 procurement and...
- Budget Watch. J. C. // Education Week;9/17/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the plan of conducting of a vote on across-the-board cuts by lawmakers if the fiscal 1987 deficits exceeds 154-billion dollars in the U.S. 9.4 percent would be the required cut based on the General Accounting Office's forecast. According to most observers, Congress will...
- Tax Policy and Administration Issue Area: Active Assignments: AA-98-7(3). // GAO Reports;8/1/1998, p1
GAO provided information on its active assignments in the Tax Policy and Administration issue area as of August 17, 1998.
- JFMIP News: A Newsletter for Government Financial Managers, Spring 1999, Vol. 11, No. 1: SP-99-3. // GAO Reports;1/1/1999, p1
GAO provided information on the Joint Financial Management Improvement Program's current financial management initiatives, activities, and practices.
- Reports on the Web. // PA Times;Jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
The article presents online news concerning public administration in the United States. It discusses the results of a research by the National League of Cities on America's system of public finance. The article also highlights reports from the U.S. General Accounting Office, including...
- System Requirements for Managerial Cost Accounting Checklist: Systems Reviewed Under the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act of 1996: AIMD-99-21.2.9. Dodaro, Gene L. // GAO Reports;1/1/1999, p1
GAO published a guide to assist: (1) agencies in implementing and monitoring their managerial cost accounting systems; and (2) management and auditors in reviewing the systems to determine if they are in substantial compliance with the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act of 1996.