Illinois Set to Merge Statewide Conduit Issuers
- Establishing a Unified State Financial Control System in Russia. Gorodetskii, A.; Morukova, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p78
This article focuses on the establishment of a unified state financial control (SFC) system in Russia. Developing a SFC system is key to the orderly functioning of the state apparatus, efficient use of budget funds and state property, and significant improvements in the quality of life. In...
- Hurdle cleared for reg review. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;03/30/98, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p20
Reports on a US House subcommittee's approval of a bill to create a congressional congratulatory review office which will be responsible for reviewing the anticipated costs and benefits of regulations proposed by federal agencies, and their likely impact to small business. Amendments to the...
- KRS 65.240. // Kentucky Law Enforcement Magazine;Winter2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the aspects of the joint exercise of power of public agencies and state agencies under the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 65.240 law.
- Federalism as a Public Good. Bednar, Jenna // Constitutional Political Economy;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p189
This paper suggests that stabilizing federalism is like solving a public good provision problem. It reviews results in the public good provision literature that are relevant for federalism, and discusses the implications of these results for the institutional design of federalism.
- Suit Still Has West Virginia Bonds and Budget in Limbo. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p28
Reports on the effects of the court case involving the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee on the state budget and planned sale of lottery-backed revenue bonds. Arguments presented by the state Economic Development Grant Committee to the Court of Appeals regarding the revenue...
- Health Board Shakeup. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p27
Reports that the state legislature of Illinois has approved a legislation seeking to reorganize the Illinois Health Planning Facilities Board. Provisions of the legislation; Background on the controversy that forced the legislators to reform the agency.
- DEADLINES IN ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Gersen, Jacob E.; O'Connell, Anne Joseph // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Apr2008, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p923
The article examines the deadline doctrine in administrative law in the U.S. and provides empirical and theoretical analysis of the doctrine, and the role of the congress as the source of the administrative power. It explores how the congress exerts control over the use and abuse of deadlines in...
- Is GPRA improving federal government? Newcomer, Kathryn E. // PA Times;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) on federal agencies in the United States. Divergent views on the potential for the effort to improve the performance of federal programs; Politicized dialog about GPRA in both political and academic quarters; Chance for...
- ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE -- TOWARDS INTEGRITY IN GOVERNMENT. Creyke, Robin // Melbourne University Law Review;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p705
The concept of administrative justice -- justice within the administrative law system -- is a relatively new one and has received less sustained attention in Australia than elsewhere. This article notes the history of the concept in Australia, how it is used, and examines which bodies should be...