Vincent Giordano, Ex-Merrill Fund Wizard, Joins Claymore Group
- Gabelli Hires New Senior Marketing VP. // Investment Management Weekly;9/29/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the appointment of Christopher Von Bargen as a senior vice president (VP) of marketing at Gabelli Asset Management. Responsibilities of Bargen as VP of marketing; Career in investment management.
- F&C appoints Larsson for Latin American fund. Godfrey, Sarah // Fund Strategy;3/27/2006, p5
The article reports that F&C has hired Latin American manager Urban Larsson from Baring Asset Management to replace the outgoing Rupert Brandt. Larsson joined Barings in the year 2000, and since April 2002, he has managed the offshore Baring Latin American fund. The Baring Latin American fund is...
- Portfolio manager, analyst staffing rebounds from financial crisis. Inklebarger, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;5/31/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p14
The article offers information on the hiring trends in the asset management firms. It states that as of December 31, 2009 there has been an increase in number of portfolio managers, and research analysts hired as compared to the previous year. It discusses the opinion of Alvin Spector, executive...
- UBS strategy aims to lift fund performance. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;2/4/2008, p7
The article focuses on the aim of UBS Global Asset Management to lift its fund performance through the appointment of its new head of global equities. The company hired Nicholas Melhuish in October, 2007, to improve performance of its Global Optimal fund worth Â£60 million. Melhuish, who has...
- Transamerica Hires Skipper For Large-Growth Products. Ericksen, Christopher M. // Money Management Executive;10/18/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p4
This article reports on the hiring of Christopher M. Ericksen as a portfolio manager by Transamerica Investment Management LLC. Ericksen will manage portfolios in several Transamerica large-growth products for a firm that has seen its assets under management leap 35% in the past year from $14...
- Hires in Brief:. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;06/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p3
Announces the selection and appointment of investment management firms as of June 1999. National Asset Management Corp. for the management of the core portfolio of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Retirement Fund of Chicago; MFS Institutional Advisors by the Norfolk County Employees'...
- KeyCorp Hires Portfolio Management Chief. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;6/29/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 124, p18
Reports the KeyCorp has hired Jeffrey J. Weaver as its head of portfolio management, a newly created position, and an executive vice president. Weaver's previous position at TD Securities USA LLC, a unit of Toronto-Dominion Bank; Who Weaver will report to at KeyCorp.
- FOCUS: Profit-driving without the roadblocks. // Fund Strategy;9/14/2010, p40
The article focuses on Majedie Asset Management Ltd., which is privileged to handle the designing of fund management businesses. Founding fund manager Rob Harris says that they wanted to restrict the number of assets they manage. It says that the firm adapts with the changes in the economy such...
- Selecting an active portfolio manager. Ludwig, Robert S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan96, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on selecting active domestic equity portfolio managers. How to measure the market; Selection process of the manager; Importance of management styles.