- U.S. Navy ESG Completes First 7th Fleet FST-J Exercise With MEB. Fabey, Michael // Aerospace Daily & Defense Report;5/7/2015, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p6
The article reports on the completion of the annual Fleet Synthetic Training-Joint Exercise (FST-J) of the U.S. Navy's Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) aboard the amphibious assault ship LHD 6 USS Bonhomme Richard in May 2015. The joint-training exercise has brought together operators from...
- Marines Seek to Expand Crisis Response Unit as its Role Becomes Clearer. // Defense Daily;2/13/2014, p1
As the Marine Corps adjusts to operating with fewer Marines afloat on amphibious ships, the service is better defining the role of its new SpecialÂ…
- Relieving the Watch. // All Hands;Dec2010, Issue 1125, p18
An excerpt from the article about the Tarawa-class amphibious warships, the United States Ship (USS) Nassau (LHA 4) and the USS Peleliu (LHA 5) of the U.S Navy is presented.
- It's an AAV, not a submarine. Todd, John // Fathom;Sep-Nov94, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Describes an accident encountered by the US Navy involving an amphibious assault vehicle (AAV). Sinking of the AAV; Causes of the mishap; Lessons learned from the incident.
- Gator Navy: The future is now. Schafer, Ron // All Hands;Jun95, Issue 938, p18
Discusses the importance of amphibious assault ships during the United States Navy's military operations. Extension of over-the-horizon concept of amphibious assault with the USS Whidney Island class.
- Russia Joins the 'Amphib' Club with French Mistral Deal. Farley, Robert // World Politics Review;4/8/2010, p2
The author discusses the reaction of the U.S. and some of its North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allies to the sale of four Mistral-class Amphibious Transport Docks from France to Russia. According to the author, although it is known that the sale will improve the power-projection...
- A Renewed Commitment to Core Capabilities. Smith, Richard J.; Snyder, Christopher B.; Galinis, William J. // Sea Power;Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on the development of the LPD-17 San Antonio-class of amphibious transport dock ships of the United States Navy. Companies involved in the design and construction of the ships; Features and capabilities of the class; Role of the ships in the Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare concept.
- Bataan christened. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the United States Navy's latest multipurpose amphibious assault ship was christened `Bataan' during ceremonies on May 18, 1996 at Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Mississippi. Name as a commemoration of the defense of the Bataan Peninsula in the Philippines by United States and...
- Force Projection Ships. Withington, Thomas // Armada International;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p34
The article focuses on force projection ships that are used by the U.S. Navy as a surface combatant, deployment and landing of aircraft and as a means to provide disaster relief. Chile bought the Foudre amphibious support ship that can embark eight landing craft with four helicopters on its...