MH-60 Romeo, Sierra Rack Up Successes
- Commercial helo to be used in VERTREP role. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p7
Reports on Military Sealift Command's demonstration project to test the feasibility of using commercial helicopters and crews to resupply US Navy ships at sea. Vertical replenishment; Use of K-MAX aerial truck.
- H-60: An All-Purpose Helo for the Future. Burgess, LCdr. Rick // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the United States Navy's reduction of the variety of helicopters in its fleet service to one primary aircraft. Strategy for fleet upgrades; Selection of the Sikorsky CH-60 utility helicopter; Consolidation of the squadrons.
- Helos grounded. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p4
Reports that the US Navy has temporarily grounded on June 12, 1996 Navy and Marine Corps CH-53E Super Stallion and MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopters following a May 9 mishap at the Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. plant in Stratford, Connecticut, in which an H-53E on an acceptance flight crashed.
- NAVY AIRCRAFT SQUADRONS. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p78
The article lists the U.S. Navy Aircraft Squadrons including Strike Fighter Squadrons (VFA); Helicopter Sea Combat Squadrons (HSC); and Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadrons (HSM) along with information on aircraft type, base their nicknames.
- MH-60S Enters Production. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/2/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p49
Reports the approval of the U.S. Navy for the production of Sikorsky MH-60S helicopters. Physical description; Role of Lockheed Martin Systems Integration in the development of the cockpit; Features of the helicopter.
- Navy plan aims at cutting costs. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p20
Looks at the US Navy's Helicopter Master Plan. Details of the plan; Scheduled completion date; Goals; Logistics and infrastructure cost savings being estimated; Unofficial savings prediction; The plan not including rotary-winged aircraft operated by the US Marine Corps; The Navy's 43 MH-53...
- SH-60R upgrade could enhance Navy's multi-mission capability. Kandebo, Stanley W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p23
Focuses on the US Navy's plans to convert as many as 273 existing SH-60B, SH-60F and HH-60H helicopters to the SH-60R standard by the end of Fiscal 2012. Planned initial operating capability date; Upgrades including new detection systems, new electronic support measures (ESM), laser detectors,...
- USN eyes Naval Hawk life extension program. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p23
Reports Sikorsky is working on a service life extension program (Slep) for the Naval Hawk family. The work related to the US Navy's Helicopter Master Plan; Goals of the work; Scheduled availability of dynamic component upgrades; SH-60R remanufacturing programs still developing; Estimated SH-60R...
- Pentagon again requests civil helos for resupply. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p25
Looks at the US Pentagon's soliciting of bids from the commercial marketplace to provide civilian-operated helicopters that can go to sea with the US Navy to conduct ship-to-ship resupply. Due date for bids; Current K-Max helicopter operations to set a cost baseline; Initial indication being...