Pentagon Roadmap Marks the Genesis of New Era in Robotic Aircraft
- USAF Confronts Key Weapons Choices. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/8/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p37
Reports the choices for key weapons by the U.S. Air Force. Budget deliberation of trade-offs; Program decision faced by officials; Replacement of engines to lower costs.
- Weapons. // Airman;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on several weapons used by the United States Air Force. Bombers; Fighters; Aerial reconnaissance systems; Aerial targets and decoys; Tankers.
- Curbed Ambitions. Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/17/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 33, p56
The article discusses near-term goals for the U.S. Air Force in 2012 for projects such as designing weapons against buried targets, developing Long-Range Standoff Weapons to replace Air-Launched Cruise Missiles (ALCMs), and switching to stealth fighters. F-22 and F-35 jet fighters from aerospace...
- The Religion of Guns. Feffer, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;10/28/2008, p2
The author focuses on various issues in the U.S. government as of October 28, 2008. He states that the nation stockpile nuclear weapons and adds that it spends big amount on conventional weapons. He notes that the impact of the deportations of illegal aliens by the Department of Homeland...
- Be Unprepared. Carter, Phillip // American Prospect;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
Contemplates the effect of the war in Iraq on the readiness of U.S. and British forces to face military threats in the future. Depletion of the U.S. Army Prepositioned Stocks (pre-po) due to the Iraq War; Testimony of General Sir Michael Walker before the Great Britain House of Commons on the...
- Teams to submit bids for airborne laser. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 24, p45
Discusses progress of the United States Air Force's Airborne Laser (ABL). Its backing by the Clinton Administration and Congress; Details of ABL; Assertion that program is on schedule.
- Successful smart munition tests. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p17
States that the US Air Force Miniaturized Munitions Technology Demonstration (MMTD) program completed four sled tests at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. The goal of the trials.
- Helicopters: H-1 H-53 H-60. Kelsey, Nate // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p38
Reports on the 2001 mishap record of H-1, H-53, and H-60 helicopters of the United States Air Force.
- Eagle vision trials readied. Covault, Craig // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/16/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p56
Reports on the United States Air Force's field trials for its Eagle Vision portable ground station/intelligence integration system that will utilize Spot satellite imagery. Merging of commercial and non-American systems into basic U.S. intelligence and air mission planning capabilities;...