Texas, Florida & California Budgets Prompt New Strategizing About Upcoming Textbook Adoptions
- More Cuts on the Horizon as Kansas School Crisis Worsens. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Focuses on the additional cuts for the school-funding crisis in Kansas. Indication on the average cuts per pupil; Reduction on state reimbursement for special education teachers; Effect of the budget cuts on all state departments.
- Time for change in financing methods. Aceves, Larry // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
Points out that California's schools have been underfunded for decades and it is time for a change in financing methods. Need for members of the Association of California School Administrators to find ways to support each other.
- If it's a budget cut, then it's personal. Manthey, George // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
Points out that budget decisions for schools in California will be personal because it will include reducing staff. Need for judgment calls about who will stay and who will go; Need to decide what work will not be done.
- Legislative update. Merrill, Stephen // Education Week;10/26/94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p19
Presents information on summaries of governors' budget requests for precollegiate education and the final action by legislatures on education-related matters for Illinois, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma. Appropriations and expenditures for the budget requests.
- NEW MEXICO: Small Boost for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that the New Mexico House Education Committee has established a budget for fiscal 2011 which offers 0.5% more for public education in the region.
- CAPITOL briefs. // Community College Week;3/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p3
Reports on issues concerning the 2003 budget for higher education in the U.S. Federal services that would get small increases under the 2003 budget bill; Increase in the maximum Pell grant; Amount provided for technical preparatory education; Budget provided for Supplemental Educational...
- Where has the money gone? Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb96, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p447
Elaborates on a study of spending in school districts between 1967 and 1991 conducted by Richard Rothstein and Karen Hawley Miles of the Economic Policy Institute. The creation of a Net Services Index to replace the Consumer Price Index which typically overstates the increase in education cost;...
- A Budget Deferred. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p26
Provides information on a survey on the maintenance and operations (M&O) budgets of schools in the United States. Survey methodology; Facts and figures; Regional breakdowns of M&O budgets.
- Books and Equipment Budgets. // Education Journal;Jan2002, Issue 59, p30
Presents a table of the books and equipment budgets of schools in Scotland as of November 2001. Grant arrangements; Distribution to local education authorities.