New York's $2.3B Tobacco Sale Seeks to Sublimate the Stain
- How States are Taking More Tobacco Money off the Table. Bisbey, Allison; Burton, Paul // Asset Securitization Report;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the possibility of an issuance of bonds funded by tobacco manufacturers to redeem tobacco settlement bonds as handed by the Rhode Island's Tobacco Settlement Financing Corporation with the help of financial company Citigroup Global Markets. Topics include the details of the...
- Market Post: Muni Traders Eye Tobacco Deal. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/4/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34022, p1
The article reports that U.S. traders have agreed that the bond market is waiting for a 1.2 billion U.S. dollars New York Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. deal led by the financial services firm Citigroup Inc. as of December 2013. It informs that bond volume has increased to 6.55 billion U.S....
- NYS Tobacco Settlement Financing Corporation (TSFC) considers refunding bonds. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the plan of the New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. (TSFC) to issue refunding bonds to redeem at par all of its outstanding auction rate bonds. The move came as municipal auction bond market showed instability. TSFC is considering to redeem a portion or all...
- Colorado Lawmakers May Revisit Possibility of Issuing Tobacco Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p29
The article reports that Colorado lawmakers may consider the possibility of issuing tobacco bonds. Colorado could securities all or part of its share of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement with the tobacco industry. Another possibility for tobacco securitization bond proceeds is the rainy-day...
- Moving on After an Unexpected Change at the Top. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p38
Focuses on the economic recovery of Indiana after the death of governor Frank O'Bannon. Use of tobacco settlement revenue-backed debt; Increment of the state's bond issuance; Contribution of health care debt to the state's bond issuance.
- N.Y.C. to Restructure Tobacco Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the tobacco bonds in New York City. Plans of the city officials to finance ongoing capital projects; Need of discussing the alternative tobacco bond structures; Use of double-barrel pledges in selling tobacco bonds.
- S.C. Tobacco Securitization Yields Extra $16 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that the state government of South Carolina generated more proceeds than expected from the sale of tobacco revenue bonds. Excess amount generated from the bond deal; South Carolina officials' plans of taking a break after such a successful conclusion to the state's bond transaction;...
- IRS Ends Audit of Westchester County's '99 Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p4
Reports the conclusion of the Internal Revenue Service audit on the tobacco securitization bond issue in Westchester County, New York. Retention of tax-exempt debt; Variation in the structure of tobacco financing; Recovery of working capital needs.
- UBS Report Sees Market Shift as Wisconsin Helps Run Up Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p27
Reports the increasing volume of tobacco bonds in Wisconsin. Alteration of market dynamics; Expansion of calendar for tobacco deals; Projection of turbo redemption date.
- Another N.Y. county mulls tobacco debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p1
Reports that Westchester County, New York officials are planning to sell bonds against 480 million dollars of proceeds the county expects to receive from the national tobacco settlement. Share in New York's overall settlement payment; Holding of the property tax rate.