THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Arkansas Lawmakers Offer Tobacco Bond Bill at Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p4
The article reports on the agreement of Arkansas lawmakers to a legislation adding 132.5 million dollars to the state's public education budget. The legislators also received committee approval for tobacco bond issuance. Representative Daryl Pace, authored House Bill 1021 and has gained 86 House...
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Expect to Pass $500M Higher Ed Bill Quickly. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p31
Reports on the higher education bond bill passed by the House in Oklahoma. Parties involved in the negotiation of the bond bill; Use of lottery revenues for debt service for the bonds; Outlook of rating agencies on the bonds.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p36
Presents a chart depicting legislative status report related to bonds in Washington. Legislation of the Emergency Securities Response Act; Proposed law on Clean Water Infrastructure Financing Act; Status of the Bonds for Indian Schools; Enactment of the Brownfields Redevelopment Enhancement Act.
- Fuel-Tax Bonds Extended. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p35
The article reports on the progress of a bill that would extend the time during which Louisiana could issue bonds secured by a four-cent fuel tax for certain transportation projects. This bill is already pending before a legislative review committee. It is expected to pass the Senate before the...
- Informed Consent. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p39
Reports on the approval of a bill addressing the use of bond proceeds for state projects by the Connecticut Senate. Advantage of the bill; Submission of the bill to the Connecticut House for hearing; Features of the bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p29
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report in the U.S.
- Senate Passes Bill to Help American Samoa's Bonds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would make American Samoa's tax-exempt bonds more attractive to investors. Key provisions of the legislation.
- Louisiana Tackles Bond-Related Bills as New Session Begins. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p4
The article reports that Louisiana began its fiscal 2006 legislative session on Monday and lawmakers immediately went to work on several bond-related bills, including one that would preclude the state from funding anything for a National Football League team. Other bills would give Louisiana...
- Forsyth Saga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the sale of about 33 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Forsyth County, North Carolina. 23 million dollars of the offering will go to schools and the remaining debt will be public improvement bonds for capital projects in the United States. School bonds will...