Private Company Joins States in Bid for TIFIA Help
- Putting TIFIA on Track. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p1
Discusses efforts by Democrats on the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, to include additional Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) credit assistance to a 50 billion dollar economic stimulus package. Cost of the additional credit in billion...
- DOT funds go unspent. // Pit & Quarry;May2004, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p47
Reports on the unspent funds identified by the U.S. Department of Transportation Inspector General remaining idle among states. Ten states with more than U.S.$1 million in transportation funds sitting idle; State with the largest amount of unneeded obligations.
- Lip service from Washington. Kaufman, Lawrence H. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/17/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p19
Comments on the failure of the U.S. Department of Transportation to develop a national transportation policy. Problems with the transportation system; Factors that contributed to increase in railroad traffic; Transportation funding provided by the government.
- DOT Picks 5 Projects to Apply for TIFIA Loans. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/30/2012, Vol. 268 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has approved five projects for loans under its Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program out of 26 proposals submitted. An overview of the popularity of TIFIA among states and the projects...
- Virginia Considers TIFIA Loan to Extend Metrorail Line to Dulles Airport. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32114, p4
The article informs that Virginia is exploring the possibility of applying for a 145 million dollar loan under a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) credit assistance program to help cover a portion of the state's cost of the first phase of an estimated $3.5 billion 23-mile extension of the...
- DOT to Offer $30 Million For Passenger Rail Service. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/21/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32820, p6
The article announces that the Department of Transportation offer a federal aid worth $30 million to major states for the improvement of passenger rail in the U.S. Mary Peters of the Department of Transportation explains that the primary goal of the federal aid is to support the state...
- (DISABILITIES) $10.7M Available for Bus Accessibility Equipment, Training. // Community Health Funding Week;1/22/2010, p4
The article offers information on the 10.7 million dollars Accessibility Program Grants of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- DOT giving more aid to high-speed railway between D.C., Florida. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30534, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation made a commitment to provide more aid to the Southeast Speed Rail Corridor, which by the year 2005 would link Washington, D.C. with Jacksonville, Florida. Total amount contributed by the American federal government to rail improvements...
- DOT Gives $200M in Infrastructure Grants. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/31/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31007, p5
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation has awarded Federal Highway Administration discretionary funds for infrastructure grants located in 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Total amount of grants; Types of grants awarded to certain states.