Denver Convention Hotel Clears Union Obstacle
- Local builders facing tough bonding issues. Lewis, Dustin // Las Vegas Business Press;7/08/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p18
Provides suggestions for the acquisition of bonds to work on construction contracts in Nevada. Preparation of an audited financial statements by an accounting firm; Need for the company to have a sufficient line of credit; Creation of resumes for key owners and managers.
- Bondholders Tender Offers for Northwest Arkansas Airport Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p3
Reports that bondholders have tendered nearly 45 million dollars worth of bonds issued in 1997 to finance construction of the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport. Opportunity provided to airport officials through the tender offers; Maturities of the original issue of the offer; Importance of...
- Ohio Facilities Commission Sets Deal; Treasurer's Office May Follow Suit. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p11
Discloses Ohio Public Facilities Commission and Office of the Ohio Treasurer's plans to sell a combined $275 million of bonds for school construction by the end of 1998. Sale of lease rental bonds; Uncertainty of the size and timing of the deals.
- SCORECARD. // American School & University;Jan2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p6
Presents statistics on school construction in the U.S. in 2004 according to the "American School & University" magazine. Number of bond issues approved for K-12 school construction and repair; Percentage of the dollar-total submitted bonds that were approved; Value of the largest bond issue...
- New Rules for N.Y. Schools. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p1
Reports the plan of school districts to stretch out funds for school construction projects in New York. Deals on the deficit financing bonds; Formation of refunding program; Amount of money needed for the construction.
- Follow the Sewer Money. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p31
Reports on the success of the bond referendum of the Metropolitan Saint Louis Sewer District in Missouri. Participation of the local firms to win construction and engineering contracts; Payment for the sewer treatment plant improvement program; Approval of revenue bond authorization by the voters.
- State mulls expansion of minority bond program. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/4/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p27
The article reports that an expansion of bonding program was considered by Connecticut to ensure minority contractors receive a break through at jobs.
- Kansas City, Mo., project awaits bond sale. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p6
Reports on the implementation of an urban renewal program in Kansas City, Missouri to be financed by a $176 million bond issue. Developers; Details of the project; Designation of the city as a tax-increment financing district.
- Court Says Louisiana Agency Need Not Seek Public Bids. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p3
The article reports on the ruling of the Louisiana Supreme Court that construction projects financed through the Louisiana Agricultural Finance Authority do not have to be put out for public bid. The authority is in the process of trying to put together a 95 million dollar revenue bond deal...