To Strengthen Brand, UBS Scraps 'PaineWebber,' 'Warburg'
- One Name Says It All: UBS Dropping PaineWebber, Warburg Labels. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p6
Reports that UBS group that provides financial services plans to eliminate the UBS Warburg LLC and UBS PaineWebber Inc. brands in the second half of the year 2003 as a part of the policy to adopt a single brand to raise its profile. Comments of the president of the UBS Group executive board on...
- UBS Takes a 44% Hit; More U.S. Jobs to Go . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;11/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 219, p2
Reports on the announcement made by UBS AG of an decline in its third-quarter net income in 2001, citing lower equity trading volume offset gains in fixed income and foreign exchange. Decline in the revenues derived by UBS from its investment banking and equity business; Assets generated by UBS...
- UBS adopts a single brand name. Cardenas, Felipe // Caribbean Business;6/19/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the creation of a single brand name by UBS in Puerto Rico. Initiative to strengthen the corporate identity and portfolio; Delivery of financial services to the customers; Review of the brand strategy to focus on corporate value and organizational structure.
- Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
This article focuses on the trends followed in the securities industry in the U.S. on April 14, 2003. Municipal bond yields were quoted one or two basis points higher in trading while underwriters held a retail order period on $ 300 million Connecticut general obligation bonds.In the new-issue...
- AIM in UBS Managed Account Role . // American Banker;3/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 58, p8
Reports that the financial services company AIM Private Asset Management Inc. has announced that it will offer a third investment mandate through the banking company UBS PaineWebber Inc. managed account program. Investment mandates which AIM manages for UBS.
- Now a Global Firm, UBS PaineWebber Thinks Big Is Beautiful. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p34
Reports that United States financial services company PaineWebber Group Inc. has changed its name to UBS PaineWebber Inc., following its acquisition by UBS Asset Management Inc. Overview on UBS PaineWebber's philosophy for public finance survival; Nationwide manager rankings of UBS PaineWebber;...
- Sutton New PaineWebber Prez; Hart out at SunAmerica. // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p27
Deals with employee selection in the financial planning industry. Promotion of Mark B. Sutton to president and chief operating officer of UBS PaineWebber company; Reappointment of Kevin Hart as president and chief executive of SunAmerica Financial Network company; Reasons for the dismissal of...
- Financial Service Firms. // Las Vegas Business Press;2002 Book of Lists, p54
Lists several financial service firms in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked by number of investment advisory staff. Tri Star Management Inc.; Morgan Stanley; Fox & Co.; UBS PaineWebber.
- UBS IT Staffer's Logic Fails in 'Logic' Bomb Case. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Technology News;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p12
The article presents the case of Roger Duronio, a disgruntled former systems administrator for UBS Paine Webber who built a computer virus that caused the financial services company millions in damages in the United States. Duronio was found guilty of computer sabotage and securities fraud in...