Connecticut Budget Faces Threat of Another Rowland Veto
- When raises are off the table. // Communication Briefings;Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p5
The article offers tips on how to negotiate budgets, adapted from the article "5 Perks to Negotiate When a Raise Isn't an Option," by Ritika Trikha.
- How the GOP Can Win the Budget Showdown. Lynch, Cameron // U.S. News Digital Weekly;2/25/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p20
The author discusses several factors that may affect the 2012 budget negotiations, including personalities involved, unpopularity of entitlements and the need for Republicans to use U.S. President Barack Obama's own policies against him.
- Budget Resolution Stalemate Continues. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/8/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1422
Reports that U.S. House and Senate Republican leaders have been unable to reach a deal on a fiscal 2005 budget resolution during the week of May 8, 2004. Role of the tax cut issue in the budget resolution ; Provisions of the Senate-passed version of the budget; Compromise plan circulated by...
- Budget negotiations, farm bill discussions and Capitol Hill intrigue. Bennett, David // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;12/21/2012, p1
The article discusses the issue of budget negotiations and farm bill in the U.S. According to Arkansas Farm Bureau chief Jerry Hall, the farm bill is being discussed by Arkansas senators as well as senators from Georgia with one floating option about a counter-cyclical rice program targeting a...
- California Ready to Hand Out lOUs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/2/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33142, p1
The article reports on the city plan to start paying bills with Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs) in San Francisco, California. It states that the plan was formulated after passing of budget -balancing legislation the night before the failure of the deadline. John Chiang, controller, emphasizes...
- Floor Vote Scheduled on California Deficit Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p1
Reports on the scheduled floor sessions for a possible vote for the fiscal recovery bond and budgetary spending limit in California. Negotiations between Governor Arnold Schwarzeneggger and legislative leaders; Cost of the bond and the spending limit.
- Philadelphia Shooting for Record-Low Yields With $350 Million Tran Deal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p32
This article reports on the plan of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to sell 350 million dollars of tax and revenue anticipation notes in the first week of July, 2003 and its hope for record-low yields. Budget director Robert Dubow said that the deal, which is larger than the 2002 sale, comes after...
- Pennsylvania Budget Talks Hamper GOs. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p1
Reports on the negotiations over Pennsylvania's fiscal 2004 budget. Plan of selling general obligation bonds; Enactment of the capital budget act; Establishment of a maximum amount of debt.
- Swelling Deficit and Endangered Revenue Turn Chicago to Commercial Paper. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p32
Reports on the increasing 2002 budget deficit in Chicago, Illinois. Adoption of commercial paper authorization; Use of short-term borrowing program; Reduction of forecasted collections of taxes.