Rates Prompt TPFA to Pump Up Offering to $190 Million
- Moody's Sets Schedule to Migrate Municipal Ratings to Global Scale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32953, p7
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to migrate U.S. public finance ratings to its global scale. The company explains that its new scale indicates that municipal securities ratings will carry the same rating for a security in other sectors such as corporate debt....
- Judge to Consider Whether United Airline Bonds Are Still in Default. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p6
Reports on the plan of a federal bankruptcy court judge in Chicago, Illinois to consider whether the bonds of United Airlines Inc. remains in default. Incapacity of the airline to pay its special facilities revenue bonds at O'Hare International Airport; Plan of the city to evict the company for...
- Record Volume for January. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32559, p1
The article focuses on the significance of refundings in advancing bond volume for January in the U.S. Survey revealed that the issuers sell about $29.2 billion of public debt sales. It has been considered by Thomson Financial as the most ever sales for the month. It was found out that the sales...
- Puerto Rico PFC Downgraded to D by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;8/4/2015, p7
The article reports on the downgrade of Puerto Rico Public Finance Corporation bond series 2011A, 2011B and 2012 2A bonds from CC to D by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 3, 2015. Topics discussed include payment default on the bonds as of close of business on August 3, partial...
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.
- Asian Corporate Bond Volume Reaches Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p10
The article reports that as per data from Deologic, Asian firms, excluding those in Japan, issued a total of 312.4-billion dollars in bonds in 2011 comprising 1, 872 deals in investment-grade, high-yield and non-rated corporate debts and representing a 31% increase in bond issuances for 2010.
- The misunderstood asset. // Finweek;10/28/2010, p62
The article presents an overview on bonds, which is a certificate of debt issued by a company, public corporation or government to raise money that promises to pay the principal and interest in a fixed time.
- Puerto Rico Review Credit Negative for Insurers. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34030, p1
The article offers information that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has reviewed the Baa3-rated general obligation bonds of Puerto Rico for a downgrade for bond insurers Assured Guaranty Ltd. and National Public Finance Guarantee Corp. a subsidiary of MBIA (Municipal Bond Insurance Association)...