Bush to Nominate SEC's Atkins for Additional 5-Year Term
- When the rules don't quite fit. Fearnley, Stella; Brandt, Richard // Accountancy;Mar2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1279, p63
This article presents positions taken by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in relation to issues of conflicts of interest and auditor independence. Audit supports the integrity of capital markets. It provides investors and others with independent assurance about financial...
- Reform Legislation Looms; Pondering Its Potential. Aguilar, Melissa Klein // Compliance Week;Jul2010, Vol. 7 Issue 78, p6
The article offers information on the amendments of the U.S. financial regulation in the U.S. Paul Atkins, managing director of Patomak Partners, states that the increased power of proxy advisory firms and the adoption of majority voting to elect directors signifies changes in the relationship...
- SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION. // United States Government Manual;2006/2007, p507
This article presents an overview of the operation of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2006. The officers of the commission include Chairman Christopher Cox and Commissioner Paul Atkins. The commission administers federal securities laws that seek to provide protection for...
- Accounting & auditing report. // Practical Accountant;Feb2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p25
Reports developments related to accounting and auditing report. Issuance of standard operating procedures on Reporting Pursuant to the Association for Investment Management and Research Performance Presentation Standards; Amendments of Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board on corrections...
- JeffCo, Alabama Financial Adviser Address Disclosure at SEC Hearing. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p3
The article offers information on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) field hearing in Birmingham, Alabama which focused on municipalities suffering from budgetary distress and troubled financings in the primary and secondary markets.
- SEC Reports on Municipal Securities Market. // New Jersey CPA;Nov/Dec2012, Issue 36, p6
The article presents information on a report issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to help improve the structure of it's municipal securities market and enhance investor disclosures.
- SEC Planning to Offer Staff Report on Municipal Market. QUIGLEY, JOAN // Bond Buyer;8/1/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33557, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Securities and Exchange Commission to issue a staff report regarding the municipal securities market in the U.S. in 2011.
- SEC aims to curb firms' conflicts of interest with rule. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;9/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 127, p18
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to seek for ways to prevent financial companies from making and marketing securities.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p32
The article lists the planned new offerings that have been registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission including Aspenbio Pharma, China Display Technologies, and Imageware Systems.