ISM Manufacturing Index Rises in May
- UTILITY UPDATE. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/30/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p9
The article provides an economic overview for the utility sector in the U.S. Ratings reflect Quadrix scores, competitive positions, and valuations. The study found that the sector tends to score poorly in Quadrix for Quality and Financial Strength due to slow growth rates and debt balance...
- Weekly Report for June 18th-22nd. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p22
The article reports developments concerning the results of the June 18 to 22, 2007 weekly report on China's stock markets. According to the report, the index of Shanghai Stock has decreased 1% weekly and that Shenzhen Stock enjoyed a weekly increase of 0.2%. The country's Mainland stock market...
- Saudi Arabia: Business Environment Improving Despite Downturn. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
This article forecasts that Saudi Arabia will have the highest growth rate for 2009 in the region. It explains that a low rate of leverage in the banking sector and solid domestic demand from a growing native population will ensure the growth of the economy. These positive factors have led...
- Michigan Leading Economic Indicator for July 2009. Simos, Evangelos Otto // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p20
The article reports on the increase in the Michigan Leading Economic Indicators in July 2009. The composite Michigan index of state indicators increased by 0.2% in July following a 0.3% decline in June. It notes that 7 out of 10 components had positive contributions while the six-month growth...
- Economic Distance and Cross-Country Spillovers. Conley, Timothy; Ligon, Ethan // Journal of Economic Growth;Jun2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p157
Rates of long-run economic growth are not independent across countries. To account for this dependence we decompose the spatial covariance function of growth rates into a function of each countryâ€™s own observable characteristics, its unobservable characteristics, and cross-country...
- Forecast: Wrong boat in China. // BRW;3/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the economic developments in New South Wales. Increase in oil price which affects commodity demand.
- Forecast: Upside downside. // BRW;3/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on business developments in New South Wales. List of percentage of investment; Effect of the construction work for the Olympics in the commodity price boom.
- Forecast: Weak punch. // BRW;3/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the economic developments in New South Wales. Presentation of the factors that affect investment in the future; Chart depicting expected future investment.
- Industrials reach new lows. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/7/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 27, p3
The article emphasizes the significance of using the Dow Theory in predicting the market's performance in the U.S. Accordingly, Dow Theory can never provide absolute certainty regarding the market's direction, and a willingness to question previous conclusions is crucial in the stock market....