Market Concurs: N.Y. Deal Is State-Appropriation Debt
- New York's $2.3B Tobacco Sale Seeks to Sublimate the Stain. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p7
New York Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. will conclude the pricing of 2.3 billion dollars of debt in June 2003 that is being marketed strictly as a state appropriation-backed issue, with little emphasis on the tobacco revenues underlying the bonds. Market participants are at odds over the...
- NJ. Tobacco Deal, Orange County Sale Highlight Calendar. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p7
Reports on the sale of bonds by the New Jersey Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. to finance its debt. Yield and rate of return for tobacco bonds; Bond prices; Market and economic indicators.
- NEW JERSEY: Middlesex Lowered. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the downgrading of multi-million dollars in outstanding debt and general obligation bonds of New Jersey by two ratings agencies as of January 2002. Factors responsible for the fall in grades; Drawbacks cited by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc.
- County gets top bond rate yet again. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the triple-A designations that have been awarded by bond-ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poors for the long-term and short-term debt offerings of Kent County, Michigan.
- Bond rating for Chicago school system is lowered. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/1/2012, p18
The article reports on the decision by Moody's to downgrade the rating of the general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education from A2 to A1.
- Tobacco-backed bond deals could receive split ratings, S&P says. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p4
Reports that bond issued against expected proceeds from the national tobacco settlement in the United States could be assigned split ratings based on their maturities. Comparison between short-term and long-term maturities ratings; Possible reserve levels for tobacco bonds; Legal details within...
- D.C. Extends RFP For Tobacco Bonds. // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p2
Reports on the decision of the District of Columbia's Chief Financial Officer, on behalf of the D.C. Tobacco Settlement Corp., to extend the request for proposals for underwriting and bond counsel services for a tax-exempt tobacco settlement revenue bond issue.
- Debt Reform Can Be Better. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p1
Reports on New York State's Debt Reform Act. Bond rating upgrade of the state; Provisions of the bill; Debt management plan.
- Defaults Jump in January, February. J.S. // Bank Loan Report;3/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Reports the increase in bond default rates in January and February 2002, according to Moody's Inventor's Services.