Fitch: Overreliance on Natural Gas Could Hurt Ratings
- Fitch Downgrades Pennsylvania to AA-minus. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/23/2014, p1
Another bond-rating hammer falls on Pennsylvania as Fitch downgrades the state's GO bonds to AA-minus.
- Low Natural Gas Prices Buoy Public Power. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34430, p1
With natural gas prices falling to record lows, public power utilities should benefit with stronger operating margins and more flexibility to adjust rates to offset other costs, according to Fitch Ratings.
- Morehead, N.C., Hosp. Cut to BB by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p2
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. said it has downgraded the rating on $6,440,000 of outstanding Series 1993B North Carolina Medical Care Commission revenue bonds issued for Morehead Memorial Hospital to BB from BBB-minus. In addition, the bonds have been placed on rating watch...
- Fitch to Consider 'Harmonizing' Corporate, Muni Ratings. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p4
The article focuses on the possible harmonization of the corporate and public finance ratings scales by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. The company is looking at the potential for bringing the scales together or finding other solutions that could involve an independent scale. This could be...
- School Concerns Prompt Fitch to Put Baltimore GOs on Negative Watch. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p3
No abstract available.
- Fitch Drops LADWP's Water Bonds to AA From AA-Plus. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p35
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. downgraded the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's water revenue bonds to AA from AA-plus. The reason behind the action is the declining actual and projected liquidity levels of the bonds. The action affects about $1.5 billion in outstanding...
- St. Luke's Success. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p31
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the underlying rating on insured bonds sold in 2001 for Saint Luke's Episcopal-Presbyterian Hospitals in Missouri. Attribution of the upgrade to the system's improved liquidity position, consistently solid operating results and strong debt service...
- Fitch May Lower N.Y. and Agencies. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of New York that could be downgraded, according to financial rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Effect of downgraded ratings on borrowings; State agencies affected by the ratings; Rates by other rating agencies.
- Fitch Drops Oregon GOs To A-Plus. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p1
No abstract available.