- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to the bond market in the U.S., compiled as of March 2004. Call of Governor Bob Riley for the resignation of the 14-member board that runs the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission; Fitch Ratings' affirmation of its A-minus rating on Boca Raton Community...
- S&P's, In Written Statement To House Subcommittee, Rates Its Century Of Credit Risk Assessments Highly. // Insurance Advocate;4/14/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 15, p39
Reports on Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corp.'s written statement to a U.S. House subcommittee about the rating agency's credit risk assessments. Impact of S&P credit ratings on the securities industry; Initiatives to improve S&P credit ratings.
- The Australian fallout. Stensholt, John // BRW;8/23/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p30
The article reports that the Standard and Poor/Australian Stock Exchange 200 index has fallen by about twice as much in value as its U.S. and European peers since July 23, 2007. Credit fears are going to effect financial stocks and banks and investment banks make up about 25 percent of the...
- Group Expands Emerging Markets Capacity. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;10/30/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p2
Reports that Miller Tabak Roberts Securities LLC has opened a branch office in Miami, Florida to focus on emerging market issues in the Latin and South American regions. Manager of the branch; Forecast on the decline in sovereign defaults; Views on the volatility of the market.
- S&P, Telekurs Eye New Role for ISINs. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;11/06/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p11
Reports on the teamup of Standard & Poor's with Telekurs Financial and the Association of National Numbering Agencies to develop and operate hub to distribute numbers for securities in the United States.
- Improved global Q105 performance a definite trend. Erturk, Erkan // Asset Securitization Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p13
Reports that Standard and Poor's Corp.'s rated global structured securities continued to perform well during the first quarter of 2005. Factors that contributed to the positive rating volatility observed during the first quarter of the year; Status of the asset-backed financing market in the...
- S&P Expands Evaluations. // Investment Management Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Announces the addition of U.S. taxable securities evaluations to the Securities Evaluations business of Standard & Poor's company by the end of first quarter 2004.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;5/14/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33115, p4
The article offers information on several conferences in the U.S. including the Mid-Atlantic Women's Public Forum of the Northeast Chapter of Women in Public Finance to be held at Events Etc. in Hershey, Pennsylvania on June 3, 2009, Higher Education Credit Trends seminar of Standard & Poor's...
- Interest Percolates For S&P's I44A Linking Service. G. C. // Private Placement Letter;1/29/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the release of the 144A linking service of Standard & Poor that sorts 144A securities by their uniform securities identification numbers and according to the type of investors that are qualified to buy them. According to Maria Latorraca, product designer within S&P's...