Austin Community College District to Sell Its First GOs
- San Antonio Selling $250M of Debt for Its 'Exemplary' Utility. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p30
San Antonio, Texas is planning to sell 250 million dollars of variable-rate junior-lien revenue bonds on May 13, 2003 on behalf of its electric and gas utility to raise money for system improvements and increase the amount of variable-rate exposure in its City Public Services debt portfolio....
- Virginia Selling $179 Million of New-Money, Refunding GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31646, p5
Triple-A rated Virginia is expected to sell 179 million dollars of general obligation bonds on June 4, 2003 including the first 50 million dollar tranche from the more than one billion dollars in higher education facilities and parks and recreation bond package approved by voters in November...
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.
- Asian Corporate Bond Volume Reaches Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p10
The article reports that as per data from Deologic, Asian firms, excluding those in Japan, issued a total of 312.4-billion dollars in bonds in 2011 comprising 1, 872 deals in investment-grade, high-yield and non-rated corporate debts and representing a 31% increase in bond issuances for 2010.
- The misunderstood asset. // Finweek;10/28/2010, p62
The article presents an overview on bonds, which is a certificate of debt issued by a company, public corporation or government to raise money that promises to pay the principal and interest in a fixed time.
- Connecticut College Board Approves Consolidated Gateway Campus Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p3
Reports that Connecticut Community Colleges have approved a bonding plan to build a multi-million dollar campus in downtown New Haven, in Connecticut. Consolidation of two campuses of a city college through the plan; Effect of the Governor's support and the state bonding commission's approval...
- Maricopa, Ariz., Community Colleges Ready to Get GOing. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p5
Reports on the sale of general obligation bonds by the Community College District of the Maricopa County, Arizona. Use of the bonds for the construction and remodelling of campuses; Appropriation of the proceeds to other areas; Information on the financial adviser of the sale; Effect of a...
- California County Voters to Weigh Measure for Community Colleges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30944, p3
Reports on the vote in Contra Costa County, California for a proposed bond measure to fund the community college district's work on backlog of modernization and renovation projects needed on several campuses. Structure of the proposed bonds; Estimated tax rate.