Georgia Governor Signs $16 Billion Budget
- Under the gun. Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;8/30/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the efforts of U.S. state officials to keep services and benefits in their state healthcare programs despite budget deficits in 2004. Increase in funding for Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program in Texas; Allegations of state comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn...
- HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH? Crawford, Tom // Georgia Trend;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p122
The article presents the author's views on the increased budget of Georgia. The author said that for the fiscal year 2003, when Roy Barnes was succeeded by Sonny Perdue as governor, the state budget was about $15 billion. It is informed that Perdue and his legislative colleagues didn't opt to...
- CASEY BACK AT BAT. Crane, Bill // Georgia Trend;Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that in order to close a growing state budget gap, then Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue in the 2010 General Assembly attempted to rally his Republican legislative team in favor of a new hospital bed tax. To establish a 1.45% excise fee on gross hospital revenues to help close...
- Calling All Budgeteers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p41
The article reports that the Republican Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota has called lawmakers back to work immediately after the Legislature closed its regular session without passing a new biennial budget plan. With Republicans in control of the House and Democrats holding the majority in the...
- Borst announces â€œForward Indianaâ€. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on the restructuring of Indiana's tax codes for property reassessment. Plan to cut business taxes; Shortfall of budget; Increase in cigarette and gambling taxes.
- States consider cigarette tax hikes. // State Government News;Mar2002, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the plan of state legislators in the U.S. to increase cigarette taxes to augment their budget deficits. Advantages and disadvantages of the proposed tax hike; Details of the amount of cigarette taxes in some states.
- Illinois Senate Poised for Cigarette Tax Vote to Keep Capital Flowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/16/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33483, p7
The article reports on the possibility of the Illionois Senate to vote on a revamped financing scheme that includes a cigarette-tax hike that would grant the permission to the state to issue bonds and keep a capital budget of 31 billion dollars on track.
- Merial celebrates decade in animal health. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on the anniversary celebration of animal health company Merial in Duluth, Georgia. It states that the company celebrates the milestone under the theme of "Shaping Animal Health Together." Also, the party included a proclamation from Governor Sonny Perdue, Doctor of Veterinary...
- GEORGIA: Special justice appointed to hear same-sex marriage arguments. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/8/2006, Issue 963, p32
The article reports on the appointment of a special justices to hear an appeal involving the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in Georgia. Harold Melton, former counsel to governor Sonny Perdue, was named in legal papers challenging the same-sex marriage ban from his time in the...