Southwestern States Look to Federal Aid to Cushion Shortfalls
- W on Pacific Club Menu; Drake Derby; Times Supremely Over the Top. // Orange County Business Journal;2/3/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p3
The article offers the author's insights on several issues including the dinner with former U.S. President George W. Bush and his wife Laura Bush, appointment of Janet Napolitano as president of the University of California (UC), and Freedom head Aaron Kushner.
- Governor vs. GOP: A Matter of Priorities. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p26
Reports on the education budget proposal of democrat Governor Janet Napolitano in Phoenix, Arizona. Oppositions of the Republican-controlled Legislature; Basis of Napolitano's proposal; Intention of lawmakers to use cash than debt for the proposed budget.
- W's overture. // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Editorial. Comments on the budget proposal of President George Bush in the United States. Targets of the proposal; Establishment of policy outlines; Proposal on the elimination of legal obstacles on the Brownfield legislation; Uncertainty of waste management officials on the action of the...
- Arizona Governor's Veto Vow Could Delay Bond Measures. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p4
Arizona's governor Janet Napolitano plans to reject a 6.2 billion dollar budget which had emphasized on deduction in educational finance. Continued bargaining over the budget could delay two key bond-related measures, one that would authorize future appropriations to endorse 300 million dollars...
- Napolitano says Arizonans will see through education cuts. // Inside Tucson Business;1/19/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p3
The article reports on the statement given by Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano concerning education cuts. According to Napolitano, if the legislature cuts classroom spending, Arizonians will recognize a cut not on budget necessity but a willful and unwise choice. She also called on lawmakers to...
- The President's Radio Address. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/29/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 52, p1837
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush which was broadcast over the radio on December 20, 2003. Increase in the number of volunteer workers in the U.S.; Growth of service organizations working with the U.S. Freedom Corps; Government aid given to children from Virginia whose parents...
- THE RED MENACE. Judis, John B. // New Republic;10/26/92, Vol. 207 Issue 18, p26
Addresses the issue of the federal budget deficit faced by the U.S. Effect of the deficit on President George Bush's election campaign; Amount of the country's budget deficit; Reasons behind politicians' indifference to deficits; Proposals made by Bush to solve the problem of the budget deficit.
- Such a deal? Kaus, Mickey // New Republic;3/15/93, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p6
Analyzes the reasons for the failure of the 1990 budget deal which not only failed to cut the deficit but actually produced the economic crisis under U.S. President George Bush's administration. Failure of the Congress to materialize the spending cuts agreed on in the budget deal of 1990;...
- TRB FROM WASHINGTON. Kinsley, Michael // New Republic;11/20/89, Vol. 201 Issue 21, p4
Focuses on the claim of U.S. President George Bush regarding his power to veto individual items of in appropriation bills. Comments on the success of the Republicans in assigning the blame for the budget deficit to the Democrats; Discussion of the claim made by the Republicans regarding Bush's...