Panel Members Praise Audit of Florida Bond-Pool Deals
- Fla. Highway Agency Answers Auditor's Questions in Attorney General Review. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p3
The article reports on the compliance with all bond covenants by the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority in Florida. The initiative is conformity with the preliminary audit by the office of Florida Attorney General William Monroe regarding the potential spending and ethical...
- Audit of Florida Pooled Issues Finds Usage, Records Problems. Sigo, Shelly; Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that an unprecedented state audit of eight Florida bond pool issues totaling $1.68 billion in debt has revealed, among other things, that most of the bonds were issued for private, not public, benefit, that some failed to maintain proper records for accountability, and that...
- IRS Ends Audit of 1999 Nassau County, N.Y., Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p5
Reports the conclusion on the audit of the tobacco securitization bond issue by the Internal Revenue Service in Nassau County, New York. Absence of imposing penalty; Queries on the use of bond proceeds; Solution to the budget deficit.
- FLORIDA: Auditor Issues Debt Warning. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p9
The article focuses on a report by the auditor general of Florida, William Monroe, showing that local governments and special districts are increasingly relying on long-term debt, and that the trend may be an indicator of financial problems. The auditor's report summarizes significant findings...
- The Disclosure Dilemma. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p1
Focuses on issues related to the disclosure of audited financial statements for the year 2001 by bond issuers in the U.S. Date due for the submission of the financial statements; Validity of the audited financial statements; Legal requirement for the update of financial statements.
- IRS Plans More Health Care Audits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's plans to audit additional bond issues related to hospital mergers. Reasons of the agency for widening the scope of its examination of merger-related health system bonds; Merging hospitals that have received notices from the agency.
- Newspaper columnist. Barad, Vivian; Clarke, Eileen // New York;12/20/93-12/27/93, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p100
Features Jim Dwyer of New York's `Newsday' newspaper. Articles on the cases of alleged rapist and murderer Kerry Kotler and Fernando Bermudez; News beat; Alternate reporting with columnist Jimmy Breslin in the newspaper.
- Realize. Dwyer, James // Healing Muse;Fall2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p72
Presents the poem "Realize," by James Dwyer. First Line: I guess I always realized; Last Line: of living with it.
- Loose Lips. // HealthLeaders Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p16
The article presents quotes from James P. Dwyer, of Virtua-West Jersey Hospital Marlton, on whether hospitals should be permitted to perform angioplasty without on-site open-heart surgery programs, Alan Lotvin, of Magellan Health Services Inc., on the need for legislation requiring healthcare...