Issuers Bring $1B-Plus in New Deals; Treasuries Gain, Along With Equities
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher As Treasuries Increase on Weak Data. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p2
Presents updates related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Loan offering by issuers; Demand for bond issues; Amount of net in-flow of tax-free funds.
- Banks or bonds? Rates, spreads mean more may turn to munis. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the use of municipal bonds instead of bank loans by small issuers in the United States due to decreasing rates and widening of the spread to Treasuries. Increase in supply of high-yield paper; Reasons for the scarcity of high-yield paper; Interest rates; Municipal...
- The Effects of Fiscal Transparency on Municipal Bond Issuances. Tiankai Wang; Shields, Patricia; Yangmei Wang // Municipal Finance Journal;Spring2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p25
This study examines the influence of institutional mechanisms of state fiscal transparency on municipal bond issuance borrowing costs. It tests two hypotheses drawn from David Healds (2003) tradeoff: (1) fiscal transparency brings the value of "sunlight" and (2) the risk of "overexposure." The...
- Municipals Firm; Issuers Bring More Than $1 Billion to Market. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p2
Municipal bonds firmed while issuers brought more than 1 billion dollars of major issues on May 7, 2003, including 364 million dollars of University of California revenue bonds and 265 million dollars of Connecticut general obligation bonds. In the municipal bond market, cash bond yields...
- A Comparison of the True Interest Costs of Competitive and Negotiated Underwritings in the Municipal Bond Market. Braswell, Ronald C.; Nosari, E. Joe; Summers, DeWitt L. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Feb83, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p102
The article compares the true interest costs of competitive and negotiated bidding in the municipal bond market in Florida. The authors examine competitive versus negotiated bidding through a regression model with the true interest cost (TIC) acting as the dependent variable and independent...
- Michigan County Reports 3.88% Interest on OPEB Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/19/2015, p1
Macomb County reduced the maturity down to 20 years from 25 years on $263 million of OPEB bonds it sold last week, a move it said saved the county $47 million in interest costs.
- Cleveland Schools Urged to Go Competitive. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/19/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33319, p4
The article calls the need for Cleveland Municipal School District to opt for competitive over negotiated bond sales in Cleveland, Ohio. American Governmental Financial Services Inc. president, Robert Doty recommends the need for the district to broaden the financial advisers and bond counsel's...
- Yields Fall Six to Seven Basis Points; $1.03B Massachusetts Deal Tops Day. Johnson, Anastasja // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p2
Reports on the decline of the municipal bond yields in the U.S. Reflection of the deterioration of consumer confidence of the weakness in the job market; Price of consolidated loan of 2003 Series D bonds; Price of general obligation.
- Treasury Fall Halts Munis' Rise; $525 Million L.A. Deal Dominates. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p2
Reports the dominance of Los Angeles Community College District loan in the municipal bond market in California. Increase demand for bonds in the primary and secondary market; Reasons for splitting the 2026 term maturity; Amount of unsold band balance claimed by Merrill Lynch.