- Quiste gigante de mesenterio en un reciÃ©n nacido: Reporte de un caso. Rangel Calvillo, Martín Noé // Perinatologia y Reproduccion Humana;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p49
We report the case of a newborn who was admitted for emergency service due to abdominal pain, distension and vomit. Initially medical treatment was given, but subsequently an abdominal mass was identified, so the pediatric surgery service decided to carry out a surgical intervention. At surgery...
- Wolman disease and its treatment. Wolman, Moshe // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr1995, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p207
Discusses the nature of autosomal recessive disease called Wolman disease (WD) and its treatment. Clinical and radiographic features; Biochemical features; Clinical significance and pathogenesis of pathologic changes; Treatment modalities suggested by other authors; Suggested treatment modality...
- Metabolic screening via heel stick versus umbilical arterial catheter--a comparison. Vohra, Kiran; Pass, Kenneth A. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1996, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p333
Examines the possibility of using the umbilical arterial catheter as an alternative to the heel stick collection site in newborn screening. Subjects and methods; Test name; Possibility of errors due to preceding blood transfusion and dilution.
- Nonfatal symptomatic spontaneous pneumothorax in neonates: Association with white ethnicity and... Brenner, Joel S.; Karlowicz, M. Gary // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr1997, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p241
Examines the association of nonfatal symptomatic spontaneous pneumothorax in neonates with white ethnicity and lack of association with major urinary tract malformations. Hypothesis of the study; Determination of the prevalence of major urinary tract anomalies in infants with nonfatal...
- Neonatal Endocarditis: A Unique Encounter. Kumar, Nagaraja; Kumutha, Jayaraman; Ramamoorthy, Balakrishnan; Gopaul, Santhanam // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct2002, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p621
Presents a case of neonatal endocarditis. Clinical features; Blood cultures of bacterial and fungal pathogens; Results of the echocardiogram.
- SUGGESTED UNIFORM PANELS FOR THE UNITED STATES. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p18
The article lists various diseases from which newborn infants suffer in the U.S. and that are included in the United States National Screening Status report, including fatty acid disorders, organic acid disorders and amino acid disorders.
- Special deliveries. McIntyre, Rachael; Brown, Amanda // Australia's Parents;Dec96/Jan97, Issue 96, p82
Shares some stories of infants who were born with special needs. Baby diagnosed with a neonatal cerebral infarction; Passing away of a baby in her mother's arms; Obstacles overcame by a baby.
- The Unexpected When Expecting. D. G.; Reilly, Jo Marie // American Family Physician;8/15/2008, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p456
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of delivering her baby with some complications including severe meconium aspiration and three brain hemorrhages.
- Glutaric Aciduria Type II: Observations in Seven Patients With Neonatal- and Late-Onset Disease. Al-Essa, Mohammed A; Rashed, Mohamed S; Bakheet, Siema M; Patay, Zoltan J; Ozand, Pinar T // Journal of Perinatology;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p120
The clinical, biochemical, and neuroradiologic findings and clinical follow-up of seven patients with glutaric aciduria type II are reported. Three phenotypes of the disease are encountered: neonatal-onset form with congenital anomalies (two patients) or without congenital anomalies (three...