- EMS showcase. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p69
Presents equipment aimed at emergency medical services. Includes Ward Diesel's no smoke filtration system; Steering wheel cutters from Porter-Ferguson; Fiberglass fire ladders from Duo-Safety Ladder Corp.
- Emergency toolkit. Lipley, Nick // Emergency Nurse;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the launch of an emergency care leads toolkit by the National Electronic Library for Health in Great Britain in February 2003
- The evolution of the fire service EMS vehicle. Sachs, Gordon M. // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p22
Discusses how the fire emergency medical services (EMS) vehicle evolved into an effective firefighting tool. America's first ambulance service; Development of high-rise vans and modular units on pickup truck chassis; Provision of EMS first-response services by fire departments starting in the...
- Medical Assistance Information Sheet aids information gathering. // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on Fire Department Lieutenant Doug Hanham's development of the Medical Assistance Information Sheet, a device that can be used in gathering basic medical information of emergency medical calls. Data recorded on the sheet include residents' name, date of birth and health card number;...
- 24/7 Personal Emergency System Set for Seniors in India. // India -- West;4/15/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 21, pB10
The article reports on the plan of HELPSoS to launch India's first personalized monitoring and personalized service for senior for security and medical emergencies in 2011.
- Obesity puts pressure on hospital staff. // Queensland Nurse;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on a study regarding the difficulties encountered by Australian nurses and doctors when treating obese people in Australia, which reveals the need for hospital emergency departments to have bigger blood pressure cuffs, larger hospital beds, and more lifting devices like...
- Defibrillator On-Call. // Parks & Recreation;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p65
The article evaluates the CB1 automated external defibrillator (AED) and communication unit by Code Blue Corporation.
- product showcase. // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p50
Presents several products used in emergency medical services in the U.S. Sam Splint from Seaberg Co.; Freeform SE Nitrile Examination Glove from Microflex Corp.; Technical Rescue Garments from Globe Lifeline; Duty Type 1 PD-146 Ambulance from Merd Tec Pro.
- FIRST AID SPEAKS UP. // Inventors' Digest;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p14
The article evaluates the IntelligentFirstAid kit designed by medical and educational experts, which combines supplies, visual instruction cards and an audio module for verbal guidance in the event of common injuries.