- Focus on IV ibutilide: A new antiarrhythmic agent for the acute treatment of atrial fibrillation... Chen, Bonnie P.; Chow, Moses S.S. // Formulary;Jul96, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p570
Focuses on intravenous ibutilide, a class III antiarrhythmic agent structurally related to sotalol which prolongs both atrial and ventricular action potential duration. Chemistry; Pharmacology; Pharmacokinetics; Clinical trials; Adverse effects; Drug interactions; Dosing and administration. ...
- Class I and III antiarrhythmic drugs: Practical considerations for safe, effective use. Stanton, Marshall S.; Jahangir, Arshad; Shen, Win-Kuang; Hammill, Stephen C. // Formulary;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p534
Focuses on issues related to antiarrhythmic pharmacologic therapy with individual class I and class III antiarrhythmic agents in clinical use in the United States. Vaugha Williams classification of antiarrhythmic drugs; Dosage and administration; Drug interactions; Adverse effects; Initiation...
- Implantable defibrillators for ventricular arrhythmias. Kirchner, Jeffrey T. // American Family Physician;4/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1654
Presents a summary of the article `A comparison of antiarrhythmic-drug therapy with implantable defibrillators in patients resuscitated from near-fatal ventricular arrhythmias,' from the New England Journal of Medical dated November 1997.
- Antiarrhythmics. Yacone-Morton, Linda Ann; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Apr95, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the commonly used antiarrhythmics. Prototypes of each group. Side effects and nursing considerations; Role in managing electrical abnormalities; Mechanism of action; Efficacy and potency.
- Antiarrhythmics. Chase, Sandra; Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;May97, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p41
Discusses the classifications of antiarrhythmic medications. Electrophysiological effects; Nursing interventions for patients receiving antiarrhythmic medications.
- Focus on dofetilide. Tran, Hieu T.; Chow, Moses S.S. // Hospital Formulary;Jan95, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p23
Features the drug Dofetilide, a selective class III antiarrhythmic agent. Chemistry; Pharmacology; Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics; Clinical trials; Adverse effects; Drug interactions; Dosage and administration; Formulary considerations. INSET: Formulary considerations..
- Antiarrhythmic prescribing in Italy and Sweden. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;9/29/2012, Issue 663, p7
The article discusses a difference on the prescription of antiarrhythmics in Italy and Sweden.
- Amiodarone reduces deaths in CHF patients with high heart rates. Nul, D. R.; Doval, H. C.; Leibovitch, Eric R. // Formulary;Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p996
Investigates on the how antiarrhytmic amiodarone reduces mortality in patients with severe congestive heart failure. Effect of drug on percentage of mortality; Recommendation of authors on use of drug.
- Antiarrhythmic, dyslipidemic agents. // Formulary;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p600
Lists antiarrhythmic, dyslipidemic drugs. Brand name; Product type; Indications.