- Disseminated Superficial Porokeratosis Induced by Furosemide. Kroiss, Maximilian; Stolz, Wilhelm; Hohenleutner, Ulrich; Landthaler, Michael // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;Jan2000, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p52
Describes a case of disseminated superficial porokeratosis induced by furosemide. Clinical characteristics of the disease; Exacerbation of the disease by non-immunosuppressive drugs; Prevalence of photosensitivity and phototoxic reactions during furosemide therapy.
- A Population-Based Case-Control Teratological Study of Furosemide Treatment during Pregnancy. Czeizel, A.E.; Rockenbauer, M. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p307
Objective: To study the human teratogenic potential of furosemide (frusemide) treatment during pregnancy. Design and Setting: This study used pair analysis of newborn infants with congenital abnormalities and matched healthy controls. Cases and controls were from the large population-based...
- Furosemide/hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene. // Reactions Weekly;12/11/2010, Issue 1331, p17
The article describes the case of a 76-year-old patient who developed hyponatraemia which led to apical ballooning syndrome while undergoing treatment with furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide and triamtrene.
- Digoxin/furosemide interaction. // Reactions Weekly;5/15/2010, Issue 1301, p19
The article describes the case of a 23-year-old man who acquired gynaecomastia in his left breast while undergoing treatment with digoxin and furosemide.
- Enalapril/furosemide. // Reactions Weekly;2/12/2011, Issue 1338, p18
The article describes the case of an elderly woman who developed renal failure while undergoing treatment with enalapril and furosemide.
- Renal Hypoprostaglandism, Hypertension, and Type IV Renal Tubular Acidosis Reversed by Furosemide. Sanjad, Sami A.; Keenan, Bruce S.; Hill, L. Leighton // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov83, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p624
Presents information on a study which examined the therapeutic effect of furosemide on renal hypoprostaglandism, hypertension and type IV renal tubular acidosis. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Diuretic Properties of Furosemide in Renal Disease. Muel, Robert G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug68, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p249
Investigates the diuretic properties of furosemide in renal disease. Medical cases of patients with renal disease; Oral therapy of furosemide; Results of case studies.
- Intravenous infusion of frusemide as treatment for ascites in malignant disease. Miel, Stephanie A.; Blackburn, Ann M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/7/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6423, p1041
Examines the effectiveness of intravenous infusion of frusemide in treating ascites in malignant disease in Great Britain. Essence of frusemide in the management of renal and cardiac failure; Diagnosis of a patient with serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma; Failure of patient to respond to...
- Furosemide-Induced Reduction in Ionized Calcium in Hypoparathyroid Patients. Gabow, Patricia A.; Hanson, Thomas J.; Popovtzer, Mordecai M.; Schrier, Robert W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May77, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p579
Details a study which assessed the efficacy of oral furosemide in treating hypoparathyroid. Impact of furosemide on serum ionized calcium level; Clinical characteristics of the study population; Therapeutic significance of oral furosemide.