- THE VITAMIN MOMS NEED. Love, Aileen // Parenting;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p220
Offers information on the health benefits of folic acid supplements for pregnant women. Daily folic acid requirement; Foods that contain folic acid; Time when it should be taken.
- Folic Acid Every Day Increases Your Odds Of a Healthy Baby. Miller, Martha // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2000, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p252
Recommends that women of child-bearing age should take a multivitamin with folic acid. Prevention of neural tube birth defects; Improvement of chance for a full-term pregnancy.
- Dietary Habits and Folate Status in Women of Childbearing Age in Croatia. Pucarin-Cvetković, Jasna; Kaić-Rak, Antoinette; Matanić, Dubravka; Zah, Tajana; Petrović, Zrinka; Car, Antun; Degać, Katica Antonić; Rak, Davor // Collegium Antropologicum;Mar2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p97
Folic acid and folates have an important role in prevention of neural tube defect that appears in the first weeks of pregnancy, when women are still not aware of their pregnancy, especially when pregnancy is not planned. Since ensuring sufficient quantities of folates and folic acid in this...
- Planning a pregnancy? Eat your cereal! Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Sep95, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p70
Reports on the importance of a cereal diet for women who are planning a pregnancy. Folate intakes necessary for pregnant women; Estimated amount of folic acid recommended for women; Folic acid as prevention against neural-tube birth defects.
- Folic Acid and Neural Tube Defect: Can't We Come to Closure? Willett, Walter C. // American Journal of Public Health;May92, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p666
In a series of nonrandomized and randomized intervention trials and case-control and cohort studies, women using multivitamins or folic acid supplements during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy experienced a three-to fourfold reduction in neural tube defects among their offspring. Viewed...
- Individual and Facility-Level Determinants of Iron and Folic Acid Receipt and Adequate Consumption among Pregnant Women in Rural Bihar, India. Wendt, Amanda; Stephenson, Rob; Young, Melissa; Webb-Girard, Amy; Hogue, Carol; Ramakrishnan, Usha; Martorell, Reynaldo // PLoS ONE;Mar2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Background: In Bihar, India, high maternal anemia prevalence and low iron and folic acid supplement (IFA) receipt and consumption have continued over time despite universal IFA distribution and counseling during pregnancy. Purpose: To examine individual and facility-level determinants of IFA...
- Bigger moms need more B vitamin. Potera, Carol // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p34
Recommends folate intake of overweight women during pregnancy. Birth defect caused by a deficiency of folate; Foods rich in folate.
- SECTION 12: NUTRITION. // MPR - Pharmacist's Edition;Spring2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p212
The article offers brief information on several nutritional supplements including the Cefol tablet from Abbott Laboratories Inc., the Duet DHA Balanced tablet for pregnancy from Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals Inc. and the FOLTX folic acid from PamLab LLC.
- the fab 5. Stevens, Laura Roe // Fit Pregnancy;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p48
Presents information on the nutrients needed by pregnant women to have a healthy baby. Calcium; Protein; Folate.