- Randomized trial of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in oropharyngeal carcinoma. Domenge, C; Hill, C; Lefebvre, J L; De Raucourt, D; Rhein, B; Wibault, P; Marandas, P; Coche-Dequeant, B; Stromboni-Luboinski, M; Sancho-Garnier, H; Luboinski, B // British Journal of Cancer;12/15/2000, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p1594
The objective of the study was to evaluate the effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on the survival of patients with oropharyngeal cancer. Patients with a squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx for whom curative radiotherapy or surgery was considered feasible were entered in a multicentric...
- Primary chemotherapy with adriamycin, cisplatin, vincristine and cyclophosphamide in locally advanced thymomas: a single institution experience. Berruti, A; Borasio, P; Gerbino, A; Gorzegno, G; Moschini, T; Tampellini, M; Ardissone, F; Brizzi, M P; Dolcetti, A; Dogliotti, L // British Journal of Cancer;11/1/99, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p841
From 1990 to 1997, 16 consecutive patients with stage III and IVa invasive thymoma were treated in a single institution with primary chemotherapy consisting in adriamycin (40 mg m[SUP-2]), cisplatin (50 mg m[SUP-2]) administered intravenously on day 1, vincristine (0.6 mg m[SUP-2]) on day 2 and...
- Erratum to: Experience with combination of cisplatin plus gemcitabine chemotherapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapy for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. He, Xiayun; Ou, Dan; Ying, Hongmei; Zhu, Guopei; Hu, Chaosu; Liu, Taifu // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Mar2012, Vol. 269 Issue 3, p1035
A correction to the article "Experience With Combination of Cisplatin Plus Gemcitabine Chemotherapy and Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy for Locoregionally Advanced Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma" published in a previous issue of the journal is presented.
- Modification of the pharmacokinetics of high-dose cyclophosphamide and cisplatin by antiemetics. Cagnoni, P J; Matthes, S; Day, T C; Bearman, S I; Shpall, E J; Jones, R B // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/99, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
Interpatient variability in exposure to certain chemotherapy agents can influence patient outcome, particularly with high-dose chemotherapy. We evaluated the possibility of a pharmacokinetic (PK) drugâ€“drug interaction between the antiemetic agents and high- dose cyclophosphamide,...
- Increased platinum accumulation in SA-1 tumour cells after in vivo electrochemotherapy with cisplatin. Čemaz˘ar, M; Miklavčicč, D; Ščanc˘ar, J; Dolžan, V; Golouh, R; Serša, G // British Journal of Cancer;3/15/99, Vol. 79 Issue 9/10, p1386
Electrochemotherapy is an anti-tumour treatment that utilizes locally delivered electric pulses to increase cytotoxicity of chemotherapeutic drugs. The aim of our study was to determine whether anti-tumour effectiveness of electrochemotherapy with cisplatin is a consequence of increased plasma...
- Phase II study of second-line therapy with DTIC, BCNU, cisplatin and tamoxifen (Dartmouth regimen) chemotherapy in patients with malignant melanoma previously treated with dacarbazine. Propper, D J; Braybrooke, J P; Levitt, N C; O’Byrne, K; Christodoulos, K; Han, C; Talbot, D C; Ganesan, T S; Harris, A L // British Journal of Cancer;6/1/2000, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p1759
This study assessed response rates to combination dacarbazine (DTIC), BCNU (carmustine), cisplatin and tamoxifen (DBPT) chemotherapy in patients with progressive metastatic melanoma previously treated with DTIC, as an evaluation of DBPT as a second-line regimen, and as an indirect comparison of...
- The chemopotentiation of cisplatin by the novel bioreductive drug AQ4N. Gallagher, R; Hughes, C M; Murray, M M; Friery, O P; Patterson, L H; Hirst, D G; McKeown, S R // British Journal of Cancer;11/18/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p1339
British Journal of Cancer (2002) 87, 1339â€“1339. doi:10.1038/sj.bjc.6600561 www.bjcancer.comÂ© 2002 Cancer Research UKCORRECTION TO:: British Journal of Cancer (2001) 84, 625â€“929. doi:10.1054/sj.bjc.2001.1975
- Radiotherapy Combined with Nimustine Hydrochloride and Etoposide for Malignant Gliomas: Results of a Pilot Study. Tanaka, Minoru; Shibui, Soichiro; Nomura, Kazuhiro; Nakanishi, Yukihiro // Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p246
Examines the effectiveness of radio-chemotherapy using nimustine hydrochloride and etoposide for malignant gliomas. Resistance of the tumor to conventional radio-chemotherapy; Factors that contribute to the chemo-resistance of malignant gliomas; Absence of gastrointestinal toxicity.
- Paclitaxel disposition in plasma and central nervous systems of humans and rats with brain tumors. Glantz, Michael J.; Choy, Hak // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/19/95, Vol. 87 Issue 14, p1077
Examines paclitaxel concentrations in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients with central nervous system (CNS) malignancies and in normal and malignant tissues from the brains of Fischer rats bearing the C6 rat glioma. Paclitaxel's mechanism of action; Paclitaxel concentration in the plasma...