- Magnesium sulfate. // Reactions Weekly;7/31/2010, Issue 1312, p33
The article describes the case of a 37-year-old woman who developed a 37-year-old woman who developed hypocalcaemia and elevated serum parathyroid hormone levels while receiving magnesium sulfate.
- 153-11. TIPS FOR THE MAGNESIUM-DEPLETED. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p86
Discusses the amounts of magnesium necessary to correct significant depletion. Dosage of magnesium sulfate in the case of one alcoholic male.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Turtle;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p35
Provides answers on a question on the use of magnesium sulfate in preventing cerebral palsy.
- Magnesium sulphate: The drug of choice in eclampsia. Neilson, James P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/16/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7007, p702
Focuses on the use of magnesium sulphate as the drug of choice for eclampsia. Percentage of recurrence of fits after treatment with magnesiumm sulphate; Perceived toxicity of the drug; Difficulties in measuring magnesium concentrations during treatment.
- Should mild preeclampsia be treated with magnesium sulfate? Repke, John T.; Sibai, Baha M. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p25
Presents a debate on whether mild preeclampsia should be treated with magnesium sulfate. Impact of preeclampsia on clinical practice; Controversies related to the use of prophylaxis; Therapeutic use of magnesium sulfate.
- Magnesium sulphate and pre-eclampsia. Duley, Lelia; Neilson, James P // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/03/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7201, p3
Debates on whether magnesium sulphate, an anticonvulsant, is valuable for the treatment of pre-eclampsia. Issues regarding risk of eclampsia in women; Information on pre-eclampsia; Beneficial effects of magnesium sulphate.
- Effect of magnesium on duration of labor. // American Family Physician;3/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1387
Reports on a study published in the 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology' periodical by Atkinson and associates who evaluated the effect of magnesium sulfate on the induction-delivery interval in women with unfavorable cervical scores who underwent induction of labor...
- Magnesium sulfate. // Reactions Weekly;8/21/2010, Issue 1315, p32
The article describes the cases of twin neonates who had reduced bone density because of the mother's intake of IV magnesium sulfate infusion therapy for 38 days.
- Magnificent magnesium magnifies your health. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;01/21/99, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p14
Points out the therapeutic effects of magnesium. Relaxation of blood vessels and reduction of elevated pressure during delivery with the intake of Epsom salt, also called magnesium sulfate; Food with high-magnesium content; Application as a calcium channel blocker; Symptoms of magnesium deficiency.