- Pathophysiology of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies. A.C. Scallet; R.I. Carp; X. Ye // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic ;Jun2003, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p171
Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) are an intriguing group of diseases that are a challenge to rational drug design for treatment or prevention by medicinal chemists and pharmacologists. There are similarities between brain pathological changes caused by excitatory amino acids...
- pharmacologist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1767
A definition of the term "pharmacologist," which refers to a specialist in pharmacology, is presented.
- Should life be longer? // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/9/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7470, p854
Presents a quotation from the late clinical pharmacologist Louis Lasagna on life and the average life span.
- Alfred Nobel and the drug hunters. Dawlins, Michaeld D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/24/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6664, p1628
Focuses on the Nobel prize and the pharmacologists winning such achievement. Lists of pharmacologists winning such event; History of the award body; Enumeration of drugs being discovered.
- Alan Bennett, 8 March 1936-16 May 2002. Rainsford, K. D. // Inflammopharmacology;2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p285
Pays tribute to pharmacologist and professor Alan Bennett who died of cancer complications on May 16, 2002 at the age of 66. His background; Achievements of Bennett.
- Prof.BÃ¶rje UvnÃ¤s -As I knew him. Bapna, J.S. // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p60
Presents an obituary for pharmacologist Borje Uvnas.
- Carlos J.E. Niemegeers (1927-1997). Janssen, Paul A. J.; Awouters, Frans H. L.; Leysen, Josée E.; Megens, Anton A. H. P. // Psychopharmacology;1997, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p318
Pays tribute to pharmacologist Carlos J. E. Niemegeers, who died on April 8, 1997. Accomplishments.
- Pharmaceutical Medicine in the UK. Daniels, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Medicine - New Zealand;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Pharmaceutical Medicine has been thriving in the UK for well over 40 years. In spite of this, in the UK, Pharmaceutical Medicine was only officially recognized as a medical specialty in its own right in 2002. Today, the career of a pharmaceutical physician could develop in several ways,...
- Increasing ADR reporting in Nepal. Shankar, P. R. // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p252
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Strengthening the pharmacovigilance programme in Nepal," by K. C. Santosh and colleagues in the 2013 issue.