Clinical epidemiology and community medicine
- Understanding correlates of hepatitis B virus vaccination in men who have sex with men: what have we learned? Yee, L.J.; Rhodes, S.D. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Oct2002, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p374
Objectives: Hepatitis B infection (HBV) is prevalent among men who have sex with men (MSM) and may lead to significant morbidity and death. Although an effective vaccine exists vaccination rates among MSM are Iow. We conducted a systematic review to synthesise the various findings from empirical...
- Recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine: A Review of its Immunogenicity and Protective Efficacy Against Hepatitis B. Adkins, J.C.; Wagstaff, A.J. // BioDrugs;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p137
Recombinant hepatitis B vaccine Engerix B [Hep-B(Eng)] is a noninfectious subunit hepatitis B viral vaccine indicated for the active immunisation of adults, children and infants against hepatitis B virus infection. It contains hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) which is produced by the yeast...
- Hepatitis B Vaccine. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan84, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p149
Announces the availability of a licensed vaccine for the prevention of hepatitis B virus infection in the U.S. Annual incidence; Duration of protective antibody levels; Response of immunosuppressed patients to vaccine.
- Many High-risk Americans Don't Get Hepatitis B Vaccine. // Bioscience Technology;Feb2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that missed opportunities to administer the hepatitis B vaccine continue to be a reason why thousands of Americans contract the virus for the infectious liver disease annually, according to a study by Brown University researchers published in the journal "Infection."
- The virus we could defeat: A new vaccine is underused. // Consumer Reports;Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p88
No abstract available.
- New formulation of hepatitis B vaccine. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1314
Reports that the United States Food and Drug Administration has licensed a new formulation of the recombinant hepatitis B vaccine intended specifically for infants.
- Extent of hepatitis B immunisation among medical and dental students. Sivarajasingam, V.; Laszlo, J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/22/95, Vol. 311 Issue 6999, p231
Discusses the extent of hepatitis B immunization among medical and dental students in Great Britain. Ratio of hepatitis B patients in total earth population; Percentage of medical and dental students who are unaware of recommended antibody titre; Responsibility of students to ensure adequate...
- Update: Recommendations to prevent hepatitis B virus transmission--United States. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;8/4/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p574
Reports on the recommendations to expand the vaccination strategy to eliminate hepatitis B virus (HBV) transmission in the United States approved by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Effectiveness of routine infant hepatitis B vaccination; Integration of the vaccination...
- Shots in the Dark. Blevins, Sue A. // Reason;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on the issue of mandatory giving of Hepatitis B vaccine to babies in the United States. Comments from parent Michael Belkin; Side effects of the vaccine; Individuals who are at risk of being infected with Hepatitis B.
- Prevention of Hepatitis B with the Hepatitis B Vaccine. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 22, p2362
A correction to the article "Prevention of Hepatitis B with the Hepatitis B Vaccine," that was published in the December 30, 2004 issue is presented.