Clinical epidemiology and community medicine
- Asktheexpert. // Pulse;2/4/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p29
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the responsibilities of local community hospitals.
- LOCAL NEWSPAPERS, COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS, AND HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS: THEIR ROLES IN A COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY INITIATIVE. Hubbell, Anne P.; Dearing, James W. // Journal of Community Health;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p363
To understand local media's role in a community health initiative, a content analysis of 1,709 paragraphs from 173 news articles and editorials was undertaken. The articles were from three local newspapers, one in each of three communities. Analyses focused on article content combined with...
- Solano County charts a course to coordinated community care. Luggiero, Gary // AHA News;03/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on efforts by the Solano Coalition for Better Health's effort to chart a course aimed at coordinating community care in Solano County, California. Signs of fragmented health care system; Initiative by coalition to stave off closure of underfunded health clinic in Vallejo, California;...
- Uniting public health and medicine. Ambrose, Paul; Bajaj, Ashish // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/03/97, Vol. 278 Issue 21, p1722c
Suggests that the vicissitudes of modern medicine are making many resident physicians apprehensive. Population-based approaches evolving in health systems; Need for clinicians to strengthen their understanding of public health and prevention; Educational deficiencies; Organizations that are...
- Thank you, doctor. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/3/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 35, p33A
Several photographs are presented that highlight various activities related to health services in Long Island, New York, including the Options for Community Living program, the annual Helen's Walk at Sands Point Park in honor of Helen Keller, and the Hunger Awareness Day.
- Walk the PATH to Good Health. Riehle, Melanie // Trustee;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the Partnership to Advance Tomorrow's Health (PATH) community health program implemented by Margaret Mary Community Hospital in Batesville, Indiana. Information on the PATH health ministry project; Formation of community-based walking clubs; Expansion plans for PATH as of 2003.
- Clinical epidemiology and community medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS6
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Community medicine: Just another brick in the wall,' by P. Sarsfield from the Northwestern Health Unit.
- The Key to Public Health Is Community. Emanoil, Pamela // Human Ecology;Spring2000, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the role of the community in fostering public health. Background on the grassroots education and training program called Woman's Christian Association of Healthcare System in Cautauqua County, New York; Central concept of community health; Contents of the report `Communities Working...
- The "states" of healthcare. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by New York-based not-for-profit organization Commonwealth Fund that evaluates the quality of health care in the U.S. by state. Result shows that Hawaii is the top state for providing medical care, followed by Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont...