Allergy & immunology
- TIP OF THE WEEK. // Pulse;6/2/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p11
No abstract available.
- Allergy-proof your home. // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p52
Tells how to make your home a haven from allergens. Comments by Dr. Stanley J. Szefler of the National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, and other experts; Allergins, including dust mites, dander, cockroaches, mold and pollen; Carpet care; Vacuuming; A room-by-room defense...
- Trigger-proofing your environment is first step to controlling symptoms. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Feb1996, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
Outlines ways to avoid indoor and outdoor allergens. Includes cleaning regularly; Reducing pet dander; Decontaminating decors.
- Better Allergen Labeling. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the guidelines in identifying major allergens in the food by the Food Allergy Issue Alliance in the United States.
- CLEANING UP INDOOR ALLERGENS. Kreiter, Ted // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 267 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on indoor allergens. Dust mites; Molds; Dogs and cats; Indoor allergens as a major factor in asthma. INSET: For more information..
- Increased apoptosis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with perennial allergic asthma/rhinitis: relation to serum markers of apoptosis. Grzegorczyk, Janina; Kowalski, Marek L.; Pilat, Anna; Iwaszkiewicz, Jolanta // Mediators of Inflammation;Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p225
Background: The goal of our study was to examine spontaneous and stimulated apoptosis of peripheral blood MNC from allergic patients, sensitized to Der p I antigen as compared to cells from non-atopic subjects. Furthermore we aimed to investigate which populations of mononuclear cells...
- IgE binding to unique hazelnut allergens: Identification of non pollen-related and heat-stable hazelnut allergens eliciting sever allergic reactions. Schocker, F.; Becker, W.-M.; Luttkopf, D.; Muller, U.; Vieths, S.; Thomas, P. // European Journal of Nutrition;2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p172
Presents information on a study which identified and characterized the potent hazelnut-specific allergens. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Peptide-based Vaccines in the Treatment of Specific Allergy. C. Alexander; A. B. Kay; M. Larche // Current Drug Targets - Inflammation & Allergy;Dec2002, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p353
The efficacy of conventional allergen-specific immunotherapy (SIT) for allergic conditions and venom hypersensitivity is well documented. However it''s use is limited due allergic side effects including anaphylaxis and the difficulty of standardising proteins in complex allergenic mixtures. The...
- Respiratory Tolerance in the Protection Against Asthma. C. Macaubas; R.H. DeKruyff; D.T. Umetsu // Current Drug Targets - Inflammation & Allergy;Jun2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p175
Understanding the pathways involved in the induction and maintenance of respiratory tolerance to airborne allergens is important in designing new therapies for asthma and other allergic diseases that not only control disease symptoms, but also change or potentially cure the disease. Respiratory...