- Transplantation. // Kidney;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p77
Presents several abstracts of research on renal transplantation. 'Histologic Picture Signals Prognosis in Dense Deposit Disease'; 'Hypoalbuminemia May Identify Increased Risk for Graft Loss'; 'Aggressive Use of Aged Donor Kidneys Urged.'
- Transplantation. // Kidney;May/Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p123
Presents abstracts of several studies on kidney transplantation. 'Economic Implications of HLA Matching in Cadaveric Renal Transplantation,' by M.A. Schitzler, et al; 'Features of Acute Rejection That Increase Risk for Chronic Rejection,' by A. Humar, et al; ' Outcome of Transplantation of...
- True Aneurysm Formation in Axillofemoral Bypass with a Reinforced ePTFE Graft. Savas, Bilgehan; Yilmaz, Ahmet Turan; Gunay, Celalettin; Bulakbasi, Nail; Tatar, Harun // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p327
Presents a case report of a true aneurysm of an axillofemoral graft in a 62-year-old male patient. Background on the use of synthetic grafts for peripheral arterial occlusive disease; Medical history of the patient; Diagnosis and treatment.
- Immune Complex Nephropathy in Schistosomiasis. Falcao, Horacio A.; Gould, Daniel B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug75, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p148
Describes the case of a patient afflicted with chronic hepatosplenic schistosomiasis and renal disease and who received a kidney transplant. Medical history of the patient; Treatment given to the patient; Cause of renal diseases.
- Lung Transplantation--Past, Present, and Future. Robin, Eugene D.; Cross, Carroll E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov66, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p1138
Editorial. Traces the development of lung transplantation. History of the procedure; Existing trends in 1966; Outline of future prospects.
- Adrenal and nigral transplants for Parkinson's disease. Pearce, J.M.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/30/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6631, p1211
Examines adrenal and nigral transplants for Parkinsonism. Location of the transplant; Examples of ethical dilemmas involved; Complexity of the disease.
- Renal Carcinoma in a Cadaver Kidney Graft Donor. Baird, R.N.; White, H.J.O.; Tribe, C.R. // British Medical Journal;5/17/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5967, p371
Describes the accidental transplantation of a kidney containing renal carcinoma in a cadaver kidney graft donor in Great Britain. Abandonment of kidney transplantation with primary malignant disease; Assessment on the risk of transplanting kidney containing malignant tumor; Need of removing any...
- Factor XI Deficiency Acquired by Liver Transplantation. Clarkson, Kevin; Rosenfeld, Brian; Fair, Jeffrey; Klein, Andrew; Bell, William // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/91, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p877
Presents a case of factor XI deficiency transmission by liver transplantation. Medical history of the patient; Changes in the organ recipient's prothrombin time ratio and partial thromboplastin time ratio during the first post-operative month; Implications of factor XI deficiency transmission...
- Virus threat from baboon transplants. Carey, Benedict; Long, Patricia // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the possibility of starting epidemics through virus jumps from one species to another through organ transplantation. Efforts to control viral infections; Dangers and benefits of inter-species transplantation.