- When It Comes to Donor Lungs, Bigger Is Better. // AARC Times;Nov2013, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p68
The article reports on a study published in the August 2013 issue of "The Annals of Thoracic Surgery" on the benefits to patients who received oversized lungs following a case of a 10-year-old girl whose parents petitioned the courts to allow her to receive a new set of lungs from an adult donor.
- Politics comes before health care in Quebec. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/1/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7077, p325
Reports that Montreal, Quebec will import surgeons from Toronto and France because of the transfer of its lung transplant program from Notre Dame Hospital to Laval Hospital in Quebec City. Lack of qualified surgeons; Reaction of the people in Montreal.
- Improving Lung Transplantation. // AARC Times;May2015, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p60
The article discusses a study published in the "American Journal of Transplantion" that determined similar survival rates for persons with most antibodies to the lung donor and those with no antibodies as well as similar rejection, donor organ function and infections that could ease concerns in...
- Needs-based Allocation of Lungs Changes Some Outcomes. // AARC Times;Jun2015, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p42
The article presents the study by researchers at Baylor College of Medicine as of June 2015, which showed that the Lung Allocation Score organ allocation algorithm improved the survival of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) undergoing double-lung transplantation.
- Lung transplant. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p36
Highlights the success of the first lung transplant performed in Saudi Arabia.
- Risk Stratification of Lung Transplant Candidates: Implications for Organ Allocation. Kotloff, Robert M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/7/2013, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p699
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss the impact of the U.S. government lung allocation score, a policy regarding the approval for lung transplant, on the lung transplant candidates.
- Utility of CMR in monitoring of lung transplant recipients. // Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (BioMed Central);2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 12, p1
An abstract of the article "Utility of CMR in monitoring of lung transplant recipients," by Akshay M. Shah, Harish Seethamraju, Adham N. Malaty is presented.
- Interferon Gamma-1b for Pulmonary Fibrosis. Teirstein, Alvin S. // New England Journal of Medicine;4/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 17, p1794
A response by Alvin S. Teirstein to a letter to the editor about his editorial dealing with pulmonary fibrosis which appeared in this journal is presented.
- Polyomavirus in a Lung Transplant Patient. Kazory, Amir; Ducloux, Didier // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p976
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article discussing the occurrence of polyomavirus in a lung transplant patient previously published in the "Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine."