- A new treatment proposed for lung transplant rejection. El-Sayed, Ghassan // Thorax;Feb2008, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p134
The article discusses the recommendation of alemtuzumab as treatment for lung transplant rejection. Alemtuzumab is a monoclonal antibody to the CD52 antigen which is expressed on T cells, B cells, monocytes, macrophages and platelets and stimulate lymphocyte reduction. It is also possibly...
- More study needed on high-tech cancer treatment. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Aug1996, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
Reports about the action potentials of monoclonal antibodies against cancer cells. Mimicry of antibodies; Manufacture in laboratory; Function and action feature; Perspectives in research.
- Second indication for monoclonal antibody. // FDA Consumer;Oct93, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
Reports that a second use has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the monoclonal antibody Muromonab-CD3, marketed as Orthoklone OKT3. Treatment of acute rejection of heart and liver transplants in patients resistant to steroid treatment; Adverse reactions; More.
- New monoclonal antibody aims to thwart organ rejection. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;1/19/98, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p43
Reports on a monoclonal antibody, indicated for prophylaxis of acute organ rejection in patients receiving renal transplants. Advantages this monoclonal antibody could offer because of hits humanized touch; Information on Zenapax (daclizumab) which is manufactured by Hoffmann-La Roche...
- Denosumab. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2010, Issue 1306, p19
The article describes the case of a 60-year-old man who was diagnosed with osteonecrosis of the jaw after taking denosumab monoclonal antibody for treating osteoporosis.
- Ranibizumab. // Reactions Weekly;5/15/2010, Issue 1301, p44
The article describes the case of a 71-year-old man with exudative maculopathy who manifested severe hypotony and filtering bleb leak in his right eye after administering intravitreal ranibizumab monoclonal antibody injections.
- Ten years' experience with Campath-1H. // Inside MS;Oct-Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p37
Reports on preliminary studies conducted by researchers in Cambridge, England about a powerful monoclonal antibody called Campath-1H. Functional attributes of Campath-1H; Side-effects of the antibody.
- Omalizumab for idiopathic urticaria. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Apr2013 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article discusses the study which examines the effectiveness of the Immunoglobulin E (IgE) monoclonal antibody omalizumab for treating chronic idiopathic urticaria.
- Raising more antibodies. Ferner, Robin // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/19/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7929, p39
The author discusses the problem of infusion reactions to monoclonal antibodies. He cites a 1981 "BMJ" editorial which stated that monoclonal antibodies are expected to be useful in the isolation and purification of rare antibodies and antigens, diagnosis and treatment. He notes the failure of...