- Tissue transplantation. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS107
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Domino heart-lung, heart procurement,' by C. Weeninck et al.
- Clinical heart and lung transplantation. McGregor, Christopher G.A.; Jamieson, Stuart W. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/8/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6483, p1682
Examines the therapeutic problems of patients with clinical heart and lung transplantation. Efforts of doctors to reduce problems associated with transplants; Difficulty on diagnosis of rejection of the transplant by recipient; Evaluation of patients discharged from hospitals.
- Prospective Assessment of C4d Immunohistochemistry in Cardiac Transplant Biopsies: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. Bin Xu; Michel, René P.; Watters, A. Kevin; Fraser, Richard S. // Canadian Journal of Pathology;Spring2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p17
Background: Antibody-mediated rejection (AMR) may lead to cardiac allograft dysfunction and decreased patient survival. The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) 2011 working formulation recommended that AMR be diagnosed on the basis of histopathological or...
- Don't have a heart attack over transplant sticker shock. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/16/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p23
The article reports on the combined heart and lung transplant performed by a team of Spectrum Health surgeons in West Michigan in August 2013 including team head Asghar Khaghani, anesthesiologist Penny Wilton, and cardiothoracic surgeon Tomasz Timek.
- transplantation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2361
An encyclopedia entry for "transplantation" is presented. It refers to the grafting of living tissue from its normal position to another site or the transplantation of organs, such as heart and lungs, or tissue from one person to another. In dentistry, the term is used to the transfer of a tooth...
- Subclinical peritonitis due to perforated sigmoid diverticulitis 14 years after heart-lung transplantation. Markogiannakis, Haridimos; Konstadoulakis, Manousos; Tzertzemelis, Dimitrios; Antonakis, Pantelis; Gomatos, Ilias; Bramis, Constantinos; Manouras, Andreas; Bernardi, Mauro // World Journal of Gastroenterology;6/14/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p3583
Acute complicated diverticulitis, particularly with colon perforation, is a rare but serious condition in transplant recipients with high morbidity and mortality. Neither acute diverticulitis nor colon perforation has been reported in young heart-lung grafted patients. A case of subclinical...
- Cyclosporine and Itraconazole Interaction in Heart and Lung Transplant Recipients. Kramer, Mordechai R.; Marshall, Sara E.; Denning, David W.; Keogh, Anne M.; Tucker, Richard M.; Galgiani, John N.; Lewiston, Norman J.; Stevens, David A.; Theodore, James // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/15/90, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p327
Presents cases of patients receiving cyclosporine therapy who were treated with itraconazole for serious fungal infections after heart-lung, heart or lung transplantation. Treatment regimen of the patients; Effectiveness of itraconazole against various fungi in both normal hosts and...
- Screening and decolonisation of S. aureus pays off. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Mar2014, Vol. 697 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses research being done on routine Staphylococcus aureus screening and decolonization in lung and heart transplant recipients, which references a study by C. J. Clancy et al. in the February 7, 2014 issue of the "European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases."
- The Natural History of Biopsy-Negative Rejection after Heart Transplantation. Zhaoyi Tang; Kobashigawa, Jon; Rafiei, Matthew; Stern, Lily Kagan; Hamilton, Michele // Journal of Transplantation;2013, p1
Purpose. The most recent International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) biopsy scale classifies cellular and antibody-mediated rejections. However, there are cases with acute decline in left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF â‰¤ 45%) but no evidence of rejection on...