- Medico-legal issues: The law of kidney transplantation in Australia. // Australia & World Affairs;Summer97, Issue 31, p44
Focuses on the law on kidney transplantation in Australia. Distinction between adult and child donors; Kidney donations by live donors; Prohibition of trade in human tissue; Confidentiality issues.
- The transplant era begins. // Current Health 2;Jan1992, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the first kidney transplant performed on terminal nephritis patient Richard Herrick, then 24, in 1954. Herrick's identical twin brother donated the kidney. Surgeons John P. Merrill, J. Hartwell Harrison and Joseph E. Murray; New era inhuman transplant surgery.
- Risks and rewards of kidney transplant. Giddens, Jean Foret; Vigil, Gil J.; Sanchez, Antia; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Jun93, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p56
Discusses the risks and benefits of a kidney transplant. Ways to help patients face physical dangers and psychological stress; Determination of overall health; Exploring the patient's understanding of the transplant process and the extent of family support; Preop care and teaching; Assessing the...
- Trust patients over 60 with kidney transplants. Newman, Laura // Urology Times;Dec95, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p32
Reports that, though underutilized, kidney transplantation fairs better for patients over 60 years of age than younger patients. Lower chance of rejection in older patients; Dialysis as more troublesome option than transplantation in the 60 and above age group; Candidates appropriate for...
- Drug hope for kidney transplants. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;4/17/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1869, p18
Reports that Russia's space agency, DB Salyut, will launch Inmarsat-3, a mobile telecommunications satellite for the International Maritime Satellite Organisation, in 1995. Use of a Russian Proton rocket launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan; $36 million contract; Success of launches.
- What it's like to have a kidney transplant. Nathan, M.P. Ravindra // Medical Economics;02/24/97, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p123
Presents an account of the kidney transplant experience of the author. Diagnosis of disease; Concern for family; Development and cure of physical ailments; Donation of kidney from sister; Complications; Physical recovery.
- Use of the inferior epigastric artery to revascularize a lower pole renal artery in renal... Young, Jeffrey S.; Rhor, Michael S. // American Surgeon;Feb1995, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p185
Reports a case wherein the recipient inferior epigastric artery was used as an arterial supply for the lower pole artery in a living-related renal transplantation. Description of a variety of techniques for the management of multiple artery anastomoses in renal transplant; Use of the recipient...
- Kidney Transplants for Elderly Double Over Decade. // Tennessee Tribune;11/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p11B
The article presents information on a study on kidney transplantation in the U.S., to be published in the periodical "Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology," according to which the rate of kidney transplant in 2006 was double of the rate in 1995.
- Project reports. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring90, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p150
Presents an abstract of the report `A Cost and Outcome Analysis of Kidney Transplantation: The Implications of Initial Immunosuppressive Protocol and Diabetes.'
- Philippines bans kidney transplants for foreigners. // Asian Pacific Post;4/10/2008, p28
The article reports on the decision of the Philippines to suspend kidney transplantation to foreigners, amid allegations that poor Filipinos are being tricked into selling vital organs for a pittance.