- Life with asthma. Gloeckner, C. // Current Health 2;Apr89, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
Discusses asthma, a disease in which the tubes that carry air to the lungs cease to function effectively. Causes; Who has it; Treatment. INSET: How can you help?.
- Breathing easier with asthma. Novitt-Moreno, Anne // Current Health 2;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p27
Reports that asthma is a controllable disease with which a normal, even extraordinary, physical life is possible, but it kills about 5,500 people annually. Reference to United States gold medalists swimmers Amy Van Dyken and Tom Dolan, who both suffer from asthma; Description of asthma; How an...
- Children with asthma breathe easy in school. // Current Health 1;Mar1991, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p14
Reports a recent study in Iowa that showed that children with asthma do just as well as everyone else. Also students who take prescription medicine for asthma do as well.
- Asthma: Fighting back. Cain, J.D. // Essence (Essence);Sep91, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p102
Discusses the health condition, asthma. Symptoms; Causes; Treatments; Indications that black children suffer from asthma at a higher rate than white children; Answers to common questions asked by parents of asthmatic children. INSET: Triggers and treatment..
- Asthma: Not kid stuff. Guiteras, G.P. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Feb1992, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the hallmarks of the chronic respiratory disease called asthma, long-considered a childhood illness that is now appearing with seeming greater frequency in adults. Why more adult asthmatics are being seen now than ever before; Causes ofasthma; How pollution affects asthma; More.
- Three keys to controlling adult asthma. G.P.G. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Feb1992, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
Lists and describes three keys for controlling adult asthma. Education; Environmental control; Medication.
- Wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath: All signs of asthma. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1996, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on asthma. Symptoms; Definition; Treatment; Risk factors; Prevention; Elimination of dust mites. INSETS: Types of medications.;Beware of asthmatic cough..
- Explanation of asthma. // FDA Consumer;Dec84/Jan85, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p22
Asthma sufferers rarely die from asthma attack, but the feeling of suffocation often makes them fear that they've already gasped their last breath. A National Health Survey found that one out of four school-day absences is due to asthma.
- Don't Let Asthma Control Your Life. // Medical Update;Oct99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
Offers information on asthma.
- Pregnancy and asthma can mix if asthma is monitored carefully. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p143
Announces that women with asthma can enjoy normal pregnancies and deliver healthy babies if their asthma is managed effectively, according to a report on asthma and pregnancy released by the National Asthma Education Program (NAEP) of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Warnings; Who...