- Fast Track Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery. Preventza, Ourania; Hui, Han Ze; Hramiec, John // American Surgeon;Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p309
Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) has been advocated as one of the primary diagnostic modalities for suspicious pulmonary nodules and diffuse interstitial lung disease. The aim of our study was to evaluate the cost and safety of VATS lung wedge resection(s) as an "overnight" hospital...
- FIFTY YEARS AGO, MARCH, 1962. // Medicine & Health Rhode Island;Mar2012, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p96
A review of an article on lung biopsy by J. John Yashkar which appeared in the periodical "The Rhode Island Medical Journal" in March, 1962 is presented.
- Lung biopsy. MacFarlane, John // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/12/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6462, p97
Examines the efficacy of lung biopsy in investigating pulmonary nodules in Great Britain. Use of transbronchial biopsy to investigate diffuse lung shadowing; Complications of the technique; Comparison between the effectiveness of different lung biopsy techniques and bronchoscopy.
- Prize-winning Robopsy poised for lung biopsy improvement. Kimball, Rob // Medical Device Daily;5/31/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 104, p1
The article reports on the development of the Robopsy, a lung cancer biopsy system, by a group of enterprising graduate students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE DIAGNOSTIC YIELD AND COMPLICATION RATE OF FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATES AND CORE BIOPSIES OF 100 CONSECUTIVE PATIENTS UNDERGOING PULMONARY LESION SAMPLING. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA108
An abstract of the article "An Analysis of the Diagnostic Yield and Complication Rate of Fine Needle Aspirates and Core Biopsies of 100 Consecutive Patients Undergoing Pulmonary Lesion Sampling," by P. Somarahan and colleagues is presented.
- AUDIT OF COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY-GUIDED LUNG BIOPSY: DOES PLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED LUNG IN THE DEPENDENT POSITION INFLUENCE THE INCIDENCE AND/OR SEVERITY OF COMPLICATIONS? // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA108
An abstract of the article "Audit of Computed Tomography-Guided Lung Biopsy: Does Placement of the Affected Lung in the Dependent Position Influence the Incidence and/or Severity of Complications," by R. Depasquale and colleagues is presented.
- Needle Track Implantation of Tumor After Percutaneous Lung Biopsy. Wolinsky, Harvey; Lischner, Mark W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug69, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p359
Presents a case of needle track implantation of tumor after percutaneous biopsy of an adenocarcinoma of the lung. Some details on the case; Most rogent reason to avoid closed lung biopsy.
- Diagnosis of pulmonary sarcoidosis. // British Medical Journal;12/6/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5996, p540
Examines the clinical diagnosis of pulmonary sarcoidosis. Association with epithelioid-cell granulomatosis; Performance of lung biopsy; Signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Transbronchial Lung Biopsy Via the Fiberoptic Bronchoscope in Sarcoidosis. Koontz, Clyde H.; Joyner, Lee Roy; Nelson, Roald A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul76, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on a study which examined transbronchial lung biopsy during fiberoptic bronchoscopy in patients suspected with sarcoidosis. Diagnosis of sarcoidosis; Procedure of transbronchial lung biopsy; Materials and methodology; Results and discussion.