- Mineral Oil Pneumonia. Miller, Albert; Bader, Richard A.; Bader, Mortimer E.; Teirstein, Alvin S.; Selikoff, Irving J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct62, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p627
Presents the results of pulmonary function studies in a patient with mineral oil pneumonia. Correlation between physiologic and clinical pathologic characteristics; Etiologic agents in oil aspiration pneumonia; Decrease in vital capacity and pulmonary compliance.
- Pulmonary-Function Testing. Crapo, Robert O. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/7/94, Vol. 331 Issue 1, p25
Discusses various aspects of pulmonary function tests. Summary of indications for pulmonary-function tests; Spirometric examination; Diagnostic indications; Preoperative evaluation; Interpretation of lung-function tests; Other factors.
- The Course of Pulmonary Function in Sarcoidosis. Boushy, Samuel F.; Kurtzman, Raymond S.; Martin, Neil D. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May65, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p939
Focuses on serial studies of pulmonary function done in 18 patients with sarcoidosis over an average period of 41 months. Classification of the patients on the basis of their initial x-ray picture as hilar adenopathy, disseminated nodular densities, confluent infiltrates and fibrosis; Symptoms...
- Decision making. // Patient Care;7/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p149
Reviews the article `What is the Value of Preoperative Pulmonary Function Testing?,' by Celli BR.
- Pulmonary functions of school children in highly polluted northern Bohemia. Horstman, Donald; Kotesovec, Frantisek // Archives of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p56
Compares the pulmonary function in children from highly polluted Teplice in northern Bohemia and in the cleaner district of Prachatice in southern Bohemia. Difference between the two districts' sulfur dioxide and particulate matter; Height-adjusted pulmonary functions; Comparison of results...
- Biochemical Abnormalities in Workers Exposed to Molybdenum Dust. Walravens, Philip A.; Moure-Eraso, Rafael; Solomons, Clive C.; Chappell, Willard R.; Bentley, Glenn // Archives of Environmental Health;Sep/Oct79, Vol. 34 Issue 5
Examines the health effects of the exposure to molybdenum in dust in a molybdenite roating plant. Illustration of the absorption of molybdenum from the dust; Analysis of the serum ceruloplasmin, uric acid and plasma molybdenum levels; Use of pulmonary function tests to determine effects.
- Physical Activity and Pulmonary Function in Youth: The QuÃ©bec Family Study. Eisenmann, Joey C.; Katzmarzyk, Peter T.; Thériault, Germain; Song, Thomas M.K.; Malina, Robert M.; Bouchard, Claude // Pediatric Exercise Science;Aug1999, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p208
Examines the relationship between physical activity and pulmonary function among youth in Quebec. Assessment of indicators of habitual physical activity; Measurement of pulmonary function based on standard procedures; Effects of increased physical activity on pulmonary morphology and function.
- Pulmonary Function in Asthmatic Patients in Remission. Palmer, K.N.V.; Kelman, G.R. // British Medical Journal;3/1/1975, Vol. 1 Issue 5956, p485
Examines the use of pulmonary function tests in asthmatic patients in Great Britain. Degrees of arterial hypoxemia, hypocapnia and lung hyperinflation; Inadequacy of the instruments used to detect pulmonary abnormalities of bronchial asthma; Need for a careful interpretation of spirometric...
- Lung function over the first 3 years of a professional diving career. Skogstad, Marit; Thorsen, Einar; Haldorsen, Tor // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jun2000, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p390
Characterizes diving exposure and pulmonary function in professional divers at the start of their formal education and during the first three years of their professional career. Factors included in the assessment of lung function; Decrease in transfer factor for carbon monoxide.
- Pulmonary function. // Nursing Standard;6/3/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p58
The article presents a self-assessment questionnaire that tests the reader's knowledge of pulmonary function. INSET: HOW TO USE THIS ASSESSMENT.