- Respiratory medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS100
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Investigation of latent adenovirus 5 infection in guinea pig lung,' by H. Behzad et al.
- Role of the epithelial layer in the generation of superoxide anion by the guinea-pig isolated trachea. Sadeghi-Hashjin, G.; Henricks, P. A. J.; Folkerts, G.; Muis, T.; Garssen, J.; Nijkamp, F. P. // Mediators of Inflammation;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p35
THE lucigenin-dependent chemiluminescence generation by guinea-pig isolated tracheal two rings preparations was studied. Tracheal preparations stimulated with phorbol myristate acetate (PMA) or opsonized zymosan generated chemilum inescence. The total amount of chemiluminescence generated in 120...
- Modification of Maternal and Congenital Cytimegalovirus Infection by Anti-Glyceprotein B Antibody Transfer in Guinea Pigs. Chatterjee, Archana; Harrison, Christopher J.; Bewtra, Chhanda; Britt, William J. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;6/1/2001, Vol. 183 Issue 11, p1547
Presents information on a study which investigated the effects of primary maternal guinea pig cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection on early pregnancy and on the immature placenta. Information on human CMV; Methodology; Results of the study.
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular Effects of WP-934 in Guinea Pigs. Hashimoto, Terumasa; Toyoda, Yoshihiro; Taniguchi, Toru; Kitazawa, Yoshiaki // Journal of Ocular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p75
WP-934 is a newly developed reversible thermo-setting in situ gelling ophthalmic solution containing timolol. We investigated the effects of WP-934 on the respiratory and cardiovascular systems in guinea pigs and compared them with those of the conventional ophthalmic solution of timolol. At 30...
- Testable predictions from realistic neural network simulations of vestibular compensation: integrating the behavioural and physiological data. Cartwright, Andrew D.; Curthoys, Ian S.; Gilchrist, Darrin P. D. // Biological Cybernetics;1999, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p73
Abstract. Neural network simulations have been used previously in the investigation of the horizontal vestibulo-ocular reflex (HVOR) and vestibular compensation. The simulations involved in the present research were based on known anatomy and physiology of the vestibular pathway. This enabled...
- Membrane Recycling at the Infranuclear Pole of the Outer Hair Cell. Harasztosi, Csaba; Harasztosi, Emese; Gummer, Anthony W. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2015, Vol. 1703 Issue 1, p1
Rapid endocytic activity of outer hair cells (OHCs) in the guinea-pig cochlea has been already studied using the fluorescent membrane marker FM1-43. It was demonstrated that vesicles were endocytosed at the apical pole of OHCs and transcytosed to the basolateral membrane and through a central...
- Respiratory medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS101
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `The adenovirus gene therapy vector increases the lung inflammation present in guinea pigs with a latent adenoviral infection,' by T.Z. Vitalis et al.
- Histamine is Involved in Ultraviolet B-Induced Pigmentation of Guinea Pig Skin[sup 1]. Yoshida, Masaki; Hirotsu, Sachiyo; Nakahara, Michio; Uchiwa, Hideyo; Tomita, Yasushi // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Feb2002, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p255
We previously reported that histamine induced melanogenesis in cultured human melanocytes and that the stimulatory effect was mediated by protein kinase A activation via Hz receptors. It is wellknown that ultraviolet B irradiation causes acute inflammation, known as erythema, and subsequent...
- Arterial Supply of the Guinea Pig Mandible. BOYD, T. G.; CASTELLI, W. A.; HUELKE, D. F. // Journal of Dental Research;Sep1967, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p1064
This article discusses research into the blood flow to the mandible, the coronoid process, and the mandibular condyle of a guinea pig. Special attention was paid to the mandibular angle and the masticatory muscle-artery relationships in the jaw of the guinea pig. The identification of the...