- Polymorphisms in Ly6 genes in Msq1 encoding susceptibility to mouse adenovirus type 1. Stier, Matthew; Spindler, Katherine // Mammalian Genome;Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p250
Strain-specific differences in susceptibility to mouse adenovirus type 1 (MAV-1) are linked to the quantitative trait locus Msq1 on mouse chromosome 15. This region contains 14 Ly6 or Ly6-related genes, many of which are known to be expressed on the surface of immune cells, suggesting a possible...
- DNA Structure Modulates the Oligomerization Properties of the AAV Initiator Protein Rep68. Mansilla-Soto, Jorge; Yoon-Robarts, Miran; Rice, William J.; Arya, Shailee; Escalante, Carlos R.; Linden, R. Michael // PLoS Pathogens;Jul2009, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p1
Rep68 is a multifunctional protein of the adeno-associated virus (AAV), a parvovirus that is mostly known for its promise as a gene therapy vector. In addition to its role as initiator in viral DNA replication, Rep68 is essential for site-specific integration of the AAV genome into human...
- Read-through Activation of Transcription in a Cellular Genomic Context. Li Shen; Spector, David J. // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Read-through transcription from the adjacent E1a gene region is required for wild-type (wt) activity of the downstream adenovirus E1b promoter early after infection (read-through activation). However, whether a cellular chromosomal template can support read-through activation is not known. To...
- Tropism-Modified Adenoviral and Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors for Gene Therapy. Nicklin, Stuart A.; Baker, Andrew H. // Current Gene Therapy;Sep2002, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p273
One of the most rapidly advancing areas of gene therapy is vector development. For the majority of gene therapy procedures, efficient and selective transduction would provide safe and more effective treatments at optimal vector doses. Advances in vector targeting strategies have been rapid...
- adenovirus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p48
A definition of the term "adenovirus," which refers to any of a group of double-stranded DNA viruses which can cause infections of the upper respiratory tract," is presented.
- Polyethylenimine (PEI) is a simple, inexpensive and effective reagent for condensing and linking plasmid DNA to adenovirus for gene delivery. Baker, A; Saltik, M; Lehrmann, H; Killisch, I; Mautner, V; Lamm, G; Christofori, G; Cotten, M // Gene Therapy;Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p773
A simple and inexpensive method of condensing and linking plasmid DNA to carrier adenovirus particles is described. The synthetic polycation polyethylenimine is used to condense plasmid DNA into positively charged 100 nm complexes. These PEIâ€“DNA complexes are then bound to adenovirus...
- Visualization of the foci of recombinant AAV replication and their relationship with cellular proteins involved in the recognition and repair of double-stranded DNA breaks // Molecular Therapy;May2004 Supplement 1, Vol. 9, p7
An abstract of the article "Visualization of the Foci of Recombinant AAV Replication and Their Relationship with Cellular Proteins Involved in the Recognition and Repair of Double-Stranded DNA Breaks," by Tiziana Cervelli, Lorena Zentilin, Alessandro Marcello, and Mauro Giacca is presented.
- San MartÃn, C., Correction: Latest Insights on Adenovirus Structure and Assembly. Viruses 2012, 4, 847-877. // Viruses (1999-4915);Dec2012, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p3952
A correction to the article "Latest Insights on Adenovirus Structure and Assembly" is presented.
- Adenovirus oncoproteins inactivate the Mre11-Rad50-NBS1 DNA repair complex. Stracker, Travis H.; Carson, Christian T.; Weitzman, Matthew D. // Nature;7/18/2002, Vol. 418 Issue 6895, p348
Presents a study which examined the significance of adenovirus oncoproteins to Mre-11, Rad50 and NBS1 DNA repair complex. Examination of cellular proteins required for concatemerization; Assessment of the effect of adenovirus infection on the localization of the DNA complex; Mechanisms required...