- Increases in Phosphorylation of the Myosin II Heavy Chain, but not Regulatory Light Chains, Correlate With Insulin Secretion in Rat Pancreatic Islets and RINm5F Cells. Wilson, Justine R.; Biden, Trevor J.; Ludowyke, Russell I. // Diabetes;Dec99, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p2383
Investigates whether increases in phosphorylation of the myosin II heavy chain (MHC) correlate with insulin secretion in rat pancreatic islets and RINm5F cells. Comparison of regulatory light chain (RLC) phosphorylation in RINm5F and RBL-2H3 cells; Identification of sites of RLC...
- Titin and diaphragm dysfunction in mechanically ventilated rats. Hees, Hieronymus; Schellekens, Willem-Jan; Andrade Acuña, Gilberto; Linkels, Marianne; Hafmans, Theo; Ottenheijm, Coen; Granzier, Henk; Scheffer, Gert-Jan; Hoeven, Johannes; Dekhuijzen, P.; Heunks, Leo // Intensive Care Medicine;Apr2012, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p702
Purpose: Diaphragm weakness induced by mechanical ventilation may contribute to difficult weaning from the ventilator. For optimal force generation the muscle proteins myosin and titin are indispensable. The present study investigated if myosin and titin loss or dysfunction are involved in...
- Consensus document on mechanical ventilation. // American Family Physician;2/15/94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p676
Reports on the development of a consensus document for the treatment of patients requiring artificial respiration. Focus on the principles of artificial respiration; Treatment of patients with acute ventilatory failure.
- Factors predicting prolonged mechanical ventilation in... Velmahos, George C.; Belzberg, Howard // American Surgeon;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p811
Presents a study to identify set of readily available and obtainable parameters that would predict prolonged mechanical ventilation in the critically injured patient. Benefits of early recognition of patients who stay longer periods under artificial ventilation; Materials and methods used;...
- Mechanical Ventilation. Tobin, Martin J. // New England Journal of Medicine;4/14/94, Vol. 330 Issue 15, p1056
Offers an overview of several aspects of mechanical ventilation. Growing awareness of the complexity of the patient-ventilator interaction; Objectives of mechanical ventilation; Ventilator modes and settings; Positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP); Adjunctive therapy; Avoidance of...
- Reducing the Use of Mechanical Ventilation. Luce, John M. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/19/96, Vol. 335 Issue 25, p1916
Editorial. Discusses the overuse of mechanical ventilation. Primary use of mechanical ventilation; Negative-pressure devices; Ways to reduce the use of mechanical ventilation.
- The use of a patient information sheet on cardio-pulmonary resuscitation. Luttrell, S.; Rai, G. // Age & Ageing;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 25, p27
Presents an abstract of the study `The Use of a Patient Information Sheet on Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation,' by S. Luttrell and G. Rai, presented during the Communications to the Spring Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 11-13, 1996 in Canterbury, England.
- Word Search Answer Key. // Neonatal Network;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p360
No abstract available.
- Mechanical Ventilationâ€”Word Search. Fraser, Debbie // Neonatal Network;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p297
No abstract available.