- Lung Tissue Resistance Measured in Saline-Filled Guinea Pig Lungs by Micropuncture. Lai, Y.-L.; Wang, J.; Lai-Fook, S.J. // Lung;1997, Vol. 175 Issue 6, p395
Lung tissue resistance (R ti ) measured in air-filled guinea pig lungs by the alveolar capsule technique was a large part of total lung resistance (R l ), and we wondered whether similar results applied to saline-filled lungs. We used the mi-cropuncture method to measure alveolar pressure (P...
- Bronchoconcstriction induced by ipratropium bromide in asthma: relation to hypotonicity. Mann, J.S.; Howarthe, P.H.; Bolgate, S.T. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/25/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6443, p469
Examines the bronchoconstriction induced by ipratropium bromide in asthmatic patients in Great Britain. Administration by nebulizer; Mechanism of bronchoconstriction; Relation to hypotonicity.
- Bronchoconstrictor effect of deep inspiration in asthma. Sterling, G. M. // Thorax;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p751
Presents a letter to the editor on Bronchoconstrictor effect of deep inspiration in asthma.
- Authors' reply. Gibson, G. J.; Burns, O. P. // Thorax;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p751
Presents a response by the author to a letter to the editor about his article on bronchoconstrictor effect.
- methacholine chloride. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1457
A definition of the term "methacholine chloride," which refers to a parasympathomimetic bronchoconstrictor similar to acetylcholine, is presented.
- The inhibitory effect of anti-allergic agent suplatast tosilate (IPD—1151T) on methacholine- and allergen-induced bronchoconstriction in sensitized mice. Asano, Kazuhito; Mizutani, Tetsuya; Shimane, Toshikazu; Hisano, Masataka; Hisamitsu, Tadashi; Suzaki, Harumi // Mediators of Inflammation;Apr2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p77
The influence of an anti-allergic agent, suplatast tosilate (IPD-1151T; (Â±)-[2-[4-(3-ethoxy-2-hydroxypropoxy)phenyl-carbamoyl]-ethyl] dimethylsulfonium p-toluenesulfonate) on allergic bronchoconstriction induced by allergen and methacholine (MCh) were examined in mice. BALB/c mice were...
- Bronchoconstrictor properties of preservatives in ipratropium bromide (Atrovent) nebuliser solution. Beasley, C.R.W.; Afferty, P.R.; Holgate, S.T. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/9/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6581, p1197
Examines the bronchoconstrictor properties of preservatives in ipratropium bromide neduliser solution. Formulation of the solution; Expression of the airway response; Application of the analysis of variance.
- Agent OK'd for bronchospasm. // Drug Topics;4/5/99, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the approval of Sepracor Inc.'s Xopenex inhalation solution for use with a nebulizer for the treatment and prevention of bronchospasm.
- Bronchoconstriction in response to suggestion: its prevention by an inhaled anticholinergic agent. Neild, J.E.; Cameron, I.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/2/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6469, p674
Examines the prevention of bronchoconstriction in response to asthma by inhaled anticholinergic agent. Occurrence of bronchoconstriction despite heated aerosol; Effects of inhalation of saline; Details on the anticholinergic effect.