- Cleaning headaches? Verespej, Michael A. // Industry Week/IW;6/6/94, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p19
Reports that chemical fumes from cleansing agents can cause headaches. Suggestions on cleaning furnitures without using commercial products.
- Moderate exercise OK with URI. Sandor, Rick; Rubin, Aaron // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Mar99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p35
Reports on a study which examined on the effects of moderate exercise on individuals with upper respiratory infection (URI). Effects to URI symptoms; Limitations of the study.
- Influenza B virus NS2, a nuclear export protein, directly associates with the viral ribonucleoprotein complex. Imai, M.; Watanabe, S.; Odagiri, T. // Archives of Virology;Oct2003, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p1873
Summary. In Influenza A virus and Influenza B virus, the NS2 protein (nuclear export protein) has been proposed to mediate the nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of viral ribonucleoprotein (vRNP) by forming NS2-vRNP complexes. While the binding interactions of NS2 in these complexes have been well...
- The use of household cleaning products during pregnancy and lower respiratory tract infections and wheezing during early life. Casas, Lidia; Zock, Jan; Carsin, Anne; Fernandez-Somoano, Ana; Esplugues, Ana; Santa-Marina, Loreto; Tardón, Adonina; Ballester, Ferran; Basterrechea, Mikel; Sunyer, Jordi // International Journal of Public Health;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p757
Objective: To evaluate the effects of household use of cleaning products during pregnancy on infant wheezing and lower respiratory tract infections (LRTI). Methods: In four prospective Spanish birth cohorts ( n = 2,292), pregnant women reported the use of household cleaning products. When...
- Interact with the environment in ways that support the ecosystem. BARRON, RENEE // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/26/2014, Vol. 80 Issue 22, p6
The article offers the author's insights regarding the impact of chemicals that could be found in household cleaning chemicals and cosmetics, on the health of a person along with tips on how to make environmental all-purpose cleaner using peels of fruits.
- JabÃ³n de La Puebla. Montoya, Joe // La Herencia;2009, Vol. 61, p14
The article discusses the history of the detergent soap JabÃ³ de La Puebla, which is named after a community located near EspaÃ±la, New Mexico. The soap was very popular during 1930s to 1960s and was made from the fat of a hog which was melted down to become grease and mixed with bleach...
- What Have We Learned from Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Theories? Schentag, Jerome J.; Gilliland, Kristin K.; Paladino, Joseph A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/15/2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 32, pS39
Pharmacokinetic characteristics and pharmacodynamic properties dictate antimicrobial response and, along with natural immune responses, clinical outcomes. As new agents are developed with long half-lives, we will lose the ability to differentiate between concentration-dependent and...
- Respiratory Hazards Associated with Exposure to Formaldehyde and Solvents in Acid-Curing Paints. Alexandersson, Rolf; Hedenstierna, Goran // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun88, Vol. 43 Issue 3
Examines the respiratory hazards associated with exposure to formaldehyde and solvents in acid-curing paints. Decline in forced vital capacity (FVC) values after exposure-free days; Correlation between individual concentration of immunoglobulin G and decrease in FVC and forced expiratory...
- A Study of Respiratory Illnesses in Infants and Nitrogen Dioxide Exposure. Samet, Jonathan M.; Lambert, William E.; Skipper, Betty J.; Cushing, Alice H.; McLaren, Lee C.; Schwab, Margo; Spengler, John D. // Archives of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 47 Issue 1
Examines the effects of nitrogen dioxide exposure on neonatal respiratory infections in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Misclassification of nitrogen dioxide exposure and outcome; Symptoms included in the respiratory illness surveillance system; Use of surveillance method in assessing the incidence...