- Asthma alert. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Apr96, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p62
Reports on asthma, which causes death in the United States each year. Diagnosis of asthma; Comments from Paul Levy, M.D., associate professor of medicine at the University of Rochester Medical School; Management of physician-diagnosed asthma.
- Promote asthma awareness. // Curriculum Review;Dec99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p10
Presents a classroom activity designed to help students learn about asthma. Group activities; Guide questions; Internet resources. INSET: Glossary box.
- Cardiopulmonary health, asthma education awards. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Allen and Hansbury Fellowship for asthma education provides supplementary support for one year to permit the fellow to complete a project in asthma education. Fellowship funding; Contact information.
- calendar. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p34
The article presents a calendar of events related to nursing in Australia from March to September 2006. Lung Health Promotion Centre in Melbourne, Victoria will hold its Introductory Course in Asthma Education on March 8. The 6th National conference of the Australian Wound Management Association...
- Asthma awareness is a serious matter for local Alpha Kappa Alpha members. // Jackson Advocate;12/9/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p20A
The article reports on the asthma awareness program of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- You Be the Coder. // Family Practice Coding Alert;Sep2012, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p68
The article provides an answer to a question of the best code to submit when one of health care providers offers asthma education to an asthmatic patient.
- Effect of peer led programme for asthma education in adolescents: cluster randomised controlled trial. Shah, Smita; Peat, Jennifer K; Mazurski, Evalynn J; Wang, Han; Sindhusake, Doungkamol; Bruce, Colleen; Henry, Richard L; Gibson, Peter G // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/10/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7286, p583
Conclusion: The triple A programme leads to a clinically relevant improvement in quality of life and related morbidity in students with asthma. Wider dissemination of this programme in schools could play an important part in reducing the burden of asthma in adolescents.
- The effect of asthma education on the clinical condition of children with asthma. Bozkurt, Gulcin; Yildiz, Suzan; Ulupinar, Sevim; Oren, Besey Gunes // HealthMed;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p198
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of asthma education on the clinical condition of children with asthma. Methods: A descriptive, quasi-experimental, and single-group pre-post test study design was conceived. The study sample consisted of 46 mothers and their children...
- Children With Asthma. Getch, Yvette Q.; Neuharth-Pritchett, Stacey // Teaching Exceptional Children;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p30
Provides an orientation on the chronic condition of asthma and strategies in which educators may assist children with asthma to be successful in their educational experiences. Effect of asthma on the academic performance of children; Need of children with asthma to be educated on the illness...