- Exercised induced asthma. // Pediatrics for Parents;1996, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on exercised-induced asthma (EIA) in children. Symptoms; Causes; Treatment and management of the disease; Preventing EIA attacks.
- Asthma takes its toll among the young. // Patient Care;6/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the increase in asthma-related hospitalization and deaths among children. Risks for black children.
- Asthma. Calabrese, Angela // Australia's Parents;Dec96/Jan97 Supplement, Issue 96, p69
Presents information on asthma in preschool children in Australia, commenting on the role parents must play educating their children about their conditions. Indication that specialist agree that many asthma Australian deaths are preventable; Comments from Doctor Geraldine Elliott, executive...
- Asthma. Kemper, Kathi J. // Mothering;Fall94, Issue 72, p38
Discusses asthma in children in the United States. Symptoms; Changes in the small airways of the lungs as cause of asthma; Rate of incidence; Most common culprits of asthma; Prevention tips. INSETS: Caring for sensitive lungs.;The role of touch in asthma, by Ashley Montagu..
- Home environment and severe asthma in adolescence: A population based case-control study. Strachan, David P.; Carey, Iain M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/21/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7012, p1053
Presents an investigation of the effects of home environment on the risk of severe asthma during adolescence. Study protocol; Findings of significant correlation between asthma incidence with foam pillows and furry pets. INSET: Key messages..
- Moving house: A risk factor for the development of childhood asthma? Hughes, C.H.; Baumer, J.H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/21/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7012, p1069
Assesses the risk of transferring residence on childhood asthma in Great Britain. Study protocol and sample population; Medline search; Correlation between move to previously inhabited, centrally heated dwellings and onset of childhood asthma; Nee d for further studies.
- Luke's six-year trial. Zatta, Joanne // Australia's Parents;Feb/Mar96, Issue 91, p12
Presents a story on the experiences of a boy in Australia who was healed of a diagnosed asthma after going to a chiropractor. Development of a cough during the toddler years; Complications diagnosed on the boy; Sufferings endured by the boy; Ineffectivity of drugs to cure the asthma.
- Out of breath. McPhee, A.T. // Current Science;10/3/97, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the increase of childhood asthma in the United States. Presentation of an asthmatic incident involving Michael Linnemann; Definition of asthma; Description of how asthma is triggered. INSET: Mutation increases asthma risk..
- Asthma: My Friend Damon. Monaco, John E. // Pediatrics for Parents;1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on children with asthma, with reference to Damon, who has had asthma since his early teens. Information on various regimens that were tried to treat Damon; Achievements of Damon with music; Reference to Damon's life threatening asthma attacks.
- Vacuum cleaner gets to the roots of asthma. Brown, Phyllida // New Scientist;02/15/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2069, p5
Provides scientific updates on interventions for asthma. Advice to parents for washing of their children's hair with antidandruff shampoo; Use of a handheld vacuum cleaner in the study conducted by Charles Naspitz and his colleagues in the pediatrics department of the Federal University of Sao...